Chapter 39 - DAY6

Third Person POV

Jianne has been very distracted lately, especially because the day they're flying to China is drawing near. It seems like they just came back from their Summer holidays but now it's suddenly the end of the year.

Jianne still hasn't had a clear decision in her head but refuses to make one so to distract herself from that drama, she decided to practice the drumming techniques Dowoon taught her earlier that year.

She wanted to practice them properly but she doesn't have a drum set because her parents say it's too loud for the neighbours. So Jianne created her own drum kit out of the materials she had around her room. It started out good at first but as she tried to recall some of the more complex techniques, the more confused she got.

So Jianne decided to check and see if her drum teacher was online and ask him about the techniques she's having trouble with. Thankfully, Dowoon was able to call her and explain to her what she forgot even though it's over a call.

"Okay, so you need to have good hand and foot coordination as well as a good sense of rhythm." Dowoon tells the girl, watching her hands to see if they were on time, "Good, you've become better compared to when I first taught you even though you had books and boxes to practice on."

"Thank you, Dowoon-ssi! I really appreciate you taking the time to teach me these drum techiniques." Jianne bows slightly to him through the call, thankful that her irritation for not getting it right disappeared.

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you suddenly ask me about them? It's not like there's anything wrong with that but I could just sense something is bothering you through the screen." Dowoon politely brings up, not wanting to offend or force her to talk about whatever she was thinking about.

"Oh, it's nothing." Jianne says for the thousandth time that week.

"Are you sure?" He asks, knowing that she wants to rant to someone about whatever's on her mind. Jianne sighs before deciding to ask him for advice.

"What would you do you had to choose between two choices but both can hurt your friend?" She asks Dowoon, looking up from her hands to see his reaction through the screen.

"Hmm..." Dowoon thought about it, trying to find the right words to express his thoughts, "It really depends on the situation. You'd have to think about which choice would hurt the friend less."

"Let's say that I find out about something involving 2 people and have 4 choices: to tell both of them the full truth, don't tell anyone, tell one but not the other or vice versa." Jianne tried to explain it so Dowoon can give some advice but tried to word it in a way that wouldn't expose who these 2 people were.

"Telling both of them could be a good choice," Dowoon starts to analyse each choice for Jianne so she can make a decision herself, "because they could work out the problem within themselves-"

"But that could also result in a conflict between the 2." Jianne added based on the situation that Dowoon didn't know.

"Okay, so that first choice has a 50% chance of having a good result but also 50% a bad one... But choice 2 would probably have around 90% of getting a bad result because they'll both find out suddenly some day and, based on what you said before, a bigger argument can arise between them."

"And they could get angry at me because I knew but didn't tell them and could've saved them from embarrassment." Jianne tells him, already knowing that choice 2 would be the wrong move to make.

"That's true." Dowoon agreed before moving onto the next one, "Choice 3 and 4 all depends on the person and how they'd react to the news. Would they make a big deal out of it and start up an argument with the other person? Or would they make a sacrifice and yield to the other? Anything could happen, really, but I know for sure that if the 2 friends want to avoid an argument, a sacrifice has to be made."

Dowoons conclusion made Jianne stop and think for a while, trying to envision how Zeyu and Xinlong would react depending on what decision she'll make. She could think of the best and worst ways things could go but her mind automatically makes her believe that the worst outcome is the most likely.

"But why are you suddenly asking this anyway?" Dowoon asks even though he has a jist of what might be happening. He knows there is something going on between 2 people among BOY STORY and the girls but doesn't want to assume things.

"Oh, I was just curious, just incase I'm in a similar situation in the future." Jianne tells him, not wanting to expose herself and her situation even more than she already did.

"Okay then." Dowoon replied, not wanting to pry further as he could clearly see that Jianne didn't want to talk about it, "Oh and also, Wonpil hyung told me that Zihao texted him a few days ago asking to teach him some piano techniques and songs."

"Really? He did?" Jianne exclaimed, glad that the topic was moved away from her.

"Yeah, Wonpil hyung was wondering why he suddenly wanted to learn, especially that day when you visited JYP." Dowoon told her, a suggestion coming to mind. Jianne also thought of a possibility on why Zihao might've done that and gasped out loud in shock and excitement.

"Dowoon, I got it!" Jianne said out loud, "Yanna eonnie can play piano and was with Wonpil that day too so maybe Zihao just wants to find something to get closer to her!"

"I was actually thinking of the same thing!" Dowoon admitted, laughing because he got it correct.

"You saw it too?"

"Of course, I just didn't want to make it obvious that I did or make it a big deal but I saw how Zihao made excuses to be with Yanna. It was like watching a real life drama." Dowoon explained his point of view, making Jianne hyper from all this information.

"I could tease Yanna eonnie and Zihao Ge now because they think they aren't obvious around each other but now I have an outisde witness!" Jianne exclaimed, trying to find her phone to text the group chat but couldn't find it.

"What are you looking for?" Dowoon asks, wondering why Jianne was moving around so much.

"My phone."

"Umm... Aren't you using it to call?"

"Oh yeah!" Jianne facepalmed, feeling like a complete dummy, "I'll text them later then."

"But did this all start earlier? When you first met?" Dowoon asks, feeling like the #1 fan of this drama.

"Zihao was always Yannas bias in BOY STORY so it's not a surprise that they instantly clicked when we all first met. But they became even more obvious ever since both Yanna and Zihao woke up to their feet in each other's face."

"THEIR FEET WERE WHERE?!"

"Boi I have a lot of explaining to do."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

A/n: I'm starting to get to the intense part of thw book (I guess) and I still don't know what to call their group of friends. I had a few ideas but none of them were really catchy... Oh well! Anyway! I hope you enjoy!

20/2/21

Word count: 1255