thirty-four.

"what's your favorite color?" my hand was running up and down his chest as my head lay on his bent arm, i smiled. it'd been three days and relatively things were getting back to normal or at least as normal as it could've been since my definition of normal had changed since i'd met miles.

"white."

the rise and fall of his chest was more comfort that i'd gotten in a while. his hand was playing with mine. apparently miles had started to become more affectionate and i didn't understand it nor did i question it, "why? it's blank and empty."

i sighed as he brushed a curl away for my face, "there's just this thing about white where it's everything and nothing at the same time and that's a feat in itself; white represents the entire spectrum, you know. i feel like white is the color that holds things together and i find that quite beautiful."

he smiled down at me and i'd noticed that his eyes were still locked on our hands, "you're weird, you know that?"

i tutted before pouting up at him, the sunlight of the early morning shining through my windows as his eyes seemed lighter. "you're mean, you know that?"

miles rolled his eyes, poking my bottom lip before blowing me a kiss, "i'm not mean, you're just sensitive." that was when he rolled us over planting a hesitant peck on my lips, leaving me feeling on fire. even a kiss as brief as that one made me happy.

i'd come to terms with the fact that miles was extremely indecisive.

"sensitive or not, i'm still cuter than you."

he scoffed, "oh c'mon, i'm flawless."

and he was, he still is.