seventy-three.

"i can't believe he'd have the nerve to come after you! what the fuck?" and that was when he clenched his fists, nails tearing at his wrists. and then he flung his duffle bag across the room in anger.

teeth gritting and jaw clenched so tight it looked painful.

i reached for his hand and suddenly he'd launched it into the bedpost, knuckles bleeding. he was almost fully dressed.

"miles!" i was whispering, clutching my towel, wet hair falling over my blackened eye as i tried to figure out what exactly happened when i'd been in the shower. why was he having drastic mood changes, normally when he felt something he felt it strongly but this wasn't sadness.

he wasn't responsive and then he was shaking my hand off.

he was fumbling with a sweatshirt that he was pulling onto his naked torso. and in a fit of anger, he'd kicked my door.

"miles, my parents are asleep!"

his motions became more helpless and irrelevant as if he were trying to explain his inexplicable emotions. he looked like he'd really forgotten what to do with himself. he looked like suicidal miles.

he was pacing and then he was easing towards the door, my hand catching his wrist, trying to ignore the faint white lines etched across the surface, "i'm not letting you do something stupid, tell me what the hell is going on."

he was angry and then he showed me my phone, i hadn't noticed he'd been holding it, "travis. he's delilah's fucking brother."

i was reading the screen, the text messages. it was filled with harmless sentiments like 'i need you' and 'i miss her so much' then me trying to calm him down and then the last text i'd received myself about if i wanted to hang out, that was set three days prior.

but the messages didn't end there, they were getting vulgar, calling miles degrading names and death threat upon death threat on the screen.

i couldn't believe it, "what?"

but miles was still fuming, he was empty, he was afraid and he looked lonely, "is he the guy you kissed? is he the fucking reason for you smoking all of a sudden?"

he took my silence as an answer.

and he grabbed a zip up grey hoodie, "i'm going out."