thirty-three.

i rolled my eyes at his remark. he thought he was taking advantage of me when i was the one who came onto him. standing up, i stretched my bones as i looked down at myself in miles' long sleeve button up reaching mid thigh as i left it unbuttoned a twenty one pilots shirt showing through and legging paired with red timberlands. i reached my hands out, "whatever you say. c'mon, it's getting late."

it was only around six but the sun had already set over the horizon and the temperature was already dropping. miles was simply staring at my hand with a sad smile as his ringed fingers intertwined with mine, "you can't stay here forever."

the air was clearer than earlier and for that i was thankful. it was honestly a miracle that we'd bounced back so quickly, especially since he hadn't so much as looked at me for a long period of time before that day.

miles made his way to the stairs, two at a time until he'd gotten to a balcony that i hadn't noticed before, his face empty and emotionless as we looked down at the city. his eyes were glazed over as he glanced at me, gripping the railing, "goodbye, georgia."

"miles what are you doing?" i asked but he simply denied answering and made his way to the edge, we were high up off the ground which made me even more cautious, "miles!" i yelled when i'd seen his lanky figure climbing over the rickety metal, it creaking with every move he made.

i heard his raspy voice as he "what does it look like, georgie? i'm jumping."

and thus he let go of the rail, my body not reacting until he jumped over. "miles!" my heart was bound to beat right out of my chest as i tried to process what was happening, all different scenarios running through my head.

i heard a clatter and then his light laughter at the scream that pierced through the chilly air, "fucking hell, are you trying to give me heart problems?"

looking down, i'd noticed miles standing on another balcony below me, "maybe..." i'd glared at him, my heart rate lowering back to normal once i'd seen that he was very much amused and very much alive. his smile spread, genuine this time, "sing me a song, babe?"

babe.

i was so into miles that all he had to do was call me babe and i'd do cartwheels and i'd momentarily forgotten about the near heart attack he'd caused me. i rolled my eyes, trying to sound normal and unaffected as i started to realize that he was still here and jumping was a joke, "what artist?" i felt like a human jukebox.

miles smiled at me as he motioned for me to come down to the balcony he was on. he seemed to think for a minute as i made my way down by the stairs. standing next to him, i intertwined our fingers as i pulled him with me and off of the fire escape.

when we'd hit solid ground, miles had seemed to come up with an answer, "train."

my eyes widened as we made our way back where we'd came from, "i'm not sure if that was a joke or a serious request."