chapter 1

"Miss Rivera, hurry up and make up these grades or you won't be able to attend my class next year," Professor Snape said, slamming a sheet of parchment on my neighbour's desk, Bianca's.
Bianca Rivera, 16 years old, Slytherin, pureblood, black hair and brown eyes. If you don't know her, she's the prototypical Slytherin girl everyone expects: rough, rude, with provocative attitudes and clothing. But once you get to know her she's a genuinely nice girl and you realise that her previous attitudes were to hide her shyness and insecurities.
"Miss Kenns, not so bad," he said turning to me, placing my parchment on the counter.
A smile broke out on my face ~ if I were a Slytherin I would definitely be one of his favorites~ I thought to myself, and I know for a fact that I wasn't the only one who thought so.
But that's not the case, Rose Kenns, 15 years old, Gryffindor, half blood, Muggle father and witch mother. Blonde hair and blue eyes. I try to be kind, nice, helpful, positive, treat people the way I would like to be treated. I'm an extremely touchy person with low self-esteem.

"Rose you definitely need to help me with potions," Bianca said as she walked out of the classroom.
"No, I've already tried that and it ended in detention" I said remembering an afternoon of studying we spent together, or rather an afternoon of studying that turned into being caught in the act of trying to sneak into the kitchens to steal something to eat.
I remember it as if it were yesterday.
It was February last year, Professor Snape had recently assigned new seats in class, mixing Slytherin and Gryffindor. I had happened upon this girl who was having trouble with the Peperina potion, a simple cold cure potion. Her cauldron had turned a greenish colour and Professor Snape was approaching. I told her to take her cauldron off the desk and told the professor that we had made my potion together.
After the professor approved the potion, she turned to me and desperately asked me for help.
So, that same afternoon we met in the library to study, but after not even an hour we were tired and hungry, and decided to go and get something to eat from the kitchens. However, we were caught by the guard and earned a punishment that night.
From then on we became inseparable.
"Only because Filch caught us, otherwise we wouldn't have been grounded," he said, waking me up from my flashback.
"We should have been studying that afternoon, not exploring the kitchens," I replied in a tone amused by her pleases.
"Please, you're my only chance!" he said grabbing my arm.
"I'm sorry, but the answer is still no. Find yourself some Ravenclaw willing to tutor you," I said releasing myself from his grip.
"I hate you," he said, however with a smile on her lips.
"We both know that's not true," I replied in a joking tone. And saying this I started walking towards the greenhouse.
I had to hurry, in less than 10 minutes I had herbology class with the Hufflepuffs, and I was still in the dungeon, near the Slytherin common room.
I was clearly overthinking when you're going to bump into someone.
"Sorry, I was overthinking," I said starting to pick up the books I had dropped.
"No problem" a male voice said to me. When I looked up I saw a dark-haired boy with dark eyes smiling at me.
"I believe this is yours," he said. he said handing me my herbology book.
"Thanks," I replied with a smile.
We looked into each other's eyes with goofy smiles without saying anything for what seemed like forever . He was really awesome.
His dark eyes looked almost like chocolate, and his full lips looked very soft.
I began to feel the heat on my cheeks.
"I'm sorry but I really have to go now," I said, interrupting the moment. ~Why Rose, why?~
"Ah yes sorry" he said sounding as if he had woken up from a dream. And in saying that he moved on clearing the way.
I sent him an embarrassed smile and started running to try not to be late for class.