chapter 10

We quickly pulled away and turned towards the direction of the noise.

He removed his hands from my hips and I immediately felt naked, incomplete.

"Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt" a house elf had just appeared.
"Who might you be?" asked Adrian frowning.
"I'm Dobby, sir." he said making a bow.
"I'm looking for Harry Potter could you help me?" he asked nervously, starting to fiddle with his small hands.
"He should be in the Gryffindor tower. Why? Do you know him?" not even giving me time to finish he disappeared from our sight.

I turned to Adrian, and not knowing what to do I started laughing.

Then he, who looked annoyed, started laughing too.
I continued to laugh for a while.  I stopped only when I realised that he had started to stare at me, a genuine smile on his face.
I stopped and looked at him, also smiling slightly.

I don't know how long we kept looking into each other's eyes, but I know it only ended when an alarm clock rang.

I broke eye contact with him to look at my watch, which now read 11 o'clock.
An inscription appeared on my watch: bedtime!

I didn't want to interrupt the good time I was having with Adrian, but I knew very well that the longer we waited, the more likely we were to get caught by Filch, and therefore the more likely we were to get a punishment...
"We should get going. It's 11 o'clock already," I said looking him in the eye and he nodded.

We started down the stairs, but not even a quarter of the way down, I involuntarily started rubbing my hands against my arms. The air was freezing.

Adrian evidently noticed this and started to take off his jumper and "Here, put this on" he handed it to me.

"Adrian stop it. Put that jumper back on or you'll freeze," I said, noticing that he would be in short sleeves without it.

"I'm not cold. And if I'm ever cold, it'll your turn to warm me up!" and so he began to put the jumper on.
After this gesture he put his right arm around me.

When we reached the ground floor, near the stairs leading to the basement, I turned to him with a smile, to greet him.

" Good-" " do you think I'll let you go all the way back to the Gryffindor tower by yourself?"

I was about to retort when he clamped my mouth shut and took me back under his arm.

After a short while, unfortunately, we arrived in front of the Fat Lady's portrait.

He removed his hand from my arm and took my hands so that I could turn to face him. "Good night Rose."
"Goodnight Adrian" not knowing what I was doing, I walked over and gave him a kiss on the cheek.
A smile formed on his lips.

I turned to the painting and spoke the password to enter the Common Room and go to the dorms.
The painting moved to let me in and I began to walk inside.

After a few steps, however, Adrian, who had not yet let go of my hands, pulled me back to him.
He gave me a kiss on the cheek, a little longer and more intense than mine.
After that he gently let go of my hands.

I started walking again and entered through the passage into the Common Room. I turned with a smile just before the portrait closed and saw an equally smiling Adrian looking at me.

Once the portrait closed I crossed the deserted Common Room to my room.

I felt like I was on clouds.
My face as red as a pepper and my lips in a big smile.

I hadn't noticed I was still wearing my Slytherin jumper.