Chapter One

It is my job to put people like this in their place.

     "This loser actually thinks she can show me up like that?" I snarl with my girls. "Look Charline,"

     "It's Charlette" She mumbles, head down and hand fidgety. I roll my brown eyes and wave my manicured nails, getting in her face.

     "I don't give a fuck what your name is," I snap. "Just scram, Chocolate Pudding." My girls and I laugh, though nothing is really funny, as Charlette grabs her lame bagged lunch and leaves, back curved and eyes to the ground.

     "Who has my water bottle?" I ask my friends holding my hand out. Janet quickly takes hands it to me. She picked it up for me own our way out of a teachers class, or else I would've forgotten it. I take a long sip of the room temperature fluid. "Thanks"

     My girls and I  sit in our designated places at our lunch table and get out our packed lunches.

     "Ew," I say. "People who buy the lunch food still make me sick."

     "I know," Blue agrees, twisting her nose. "It doesn't even taste good." I look around the lunch room in search for my boyfriend. I look towards the cafeteria entrance and smile as Eric and his friends come walking in. Once they've made their way over to my table, I fling myself onto Eric as the hot girlfriend I'm expected to be.

     "Whoa, steady there, baby." Eric smirks. I flip my long hair back, keeping my eyes on him.

     "Hey, babe," I lustfully drawl, moving my fingers around the back of Eric's neck.

     "Ya'll do this all the time!" Sean, Eric's best friend whines. He snatches a french fry from some guy's tray who walks by pops it into his big mouth.

     "Dude!" The guy exclaims.

     Sean points at him, smirking, and says, "You owe me, remember?"

     "Oh, you're just jealous because Gina broke up with you at that party." I smile at Gina as I leave my boyfriend and sit back down. I push Blue's stuff away and pat the empty space next to me for Eric to sit there. I glare at Blue. She knows that Eric now sits next to me. I don't know why she always has to be so difficult.

     Eric pats my shoulder.

     "I'm buying lunch today, babe." He kisses me one the cheek before pulling Sean and Derrick to the lunch line. I watch as Sean convinces a short girl with dirty blonde hair to let them cut in front of her in line. They push past her and order their lunch. Today's menu, hamburger-with or without cheese-or pizza, with popcorn chicken or fries.

     "They're such a hand full," Janet says, to my far left.

     "Yeah." I snap. "Boys will be boys."

      "Okay, geez."

     When the boys come back to the table, I've already finished my red apple and some Veggie Sticks. Except the green ones. Those taste like vomit. I hid the brownie my mom and I made in the back of my lunch box and save it for home. At least that's what I tell myself...I'll probably eat it on my way home. I already had a few when they were freshly bake and man, they're so good.

     When school ends, I went to my locker, closely followed by Blue, Gina, Janet, and Eric. I get the school books I need for home; geography book, science notes and folder, Home EC worksheet, and French work book, worksheet, note cards, andirons folder. I ask Janet to help me put then in my back pack as I reapply my lipgloss using the mirror that's on my locker door. Janet grabs my back pack roughly, which I scold her for, and arranges them in there. Eric already has his stuff so him and I made our way to the school parking lot without the girls with us.