The Truth in Lies

Truth is something that we never can truly see all of; there is always a part of it hiding. On the other hand there is always truth in a lie. You just have to figure out which part is truth.

With my sister's statement an investigation started. Questions were asked. CPS was very concerned. My mother worried that what my sister said was true. She asked me if I remembered anything from when we were younger, something that would verify what my sister said. I confess, I remember very little from before I was in the third grade. I told my mom as much. I told everyone who asked that. Because that is the truth.

However I know memories hide. We can think we forget something, but then really remember it. The mind is funny like that. Things we want to hide we can't, but the things we want to remember we forget. Some of my most vivid memories are of the things that have hurt me the most. Of the lies that I have heard.

We can't change what we remember, because we can't change the past. We can let the past weigh us down, and define us, or we can just live with the fact that the past is there, and should stay there. We shouldn't let ourselves be defined by are past.

My sister was letting that happen, even though everything she was saying had no proof. There was nothing backing her stories up. And she knew it. When she came home from the hospital, she couldn't look me in the eye.

There was a rift forming between us. It grew with every lie. And boy did she lie.

Her lies ranged from lying when she had a soda in her room that both my mom and I heard her open, to if she had homework, to the fact that she had been planning to stay the night at a friend's house without asking. There were more. So many that I cacn't even remember all of them.

All while she was lying, there was an investigation going on. People were trying to really see if she was telling the truth. They questioned everyone.

No one but her could remember anything that would support her accusations. So CPS let it go, saying that she was lying. That is what everyone thought. It didn't help that she was lying about so many other things.

The thing was that we couldn't know for sure. So there was that hanging over our heads every moment of everyday.

Things chilled for awhile, her seeing her therapist, still claiming that she would hurt herself given the chance. Thing was she never had the chance. We had all the medications under lock and key, all the knives secure, the razors untouchable. Plus there was nothing she could do when under constant surveillance.

Then it all started again. She made a report to 911 that my mother was drowning my little brother in the bath tub.

As a side note, I don't think I have mentioned him, but he is 8 years younger than me, and his father is my step-dad. Back to the story:

When the police arrived, my mom answered the door, my little brother standing right behind her. When asked if there was a young kid in the house, my mom said yes, and showed them my little brother. They told her about the report that they got, and my mom told me to get my sister.

The police asked me if I knew what was going on, and I told them what I knew to be fact, and the only thing that could have half way supported the reason why my sister made the report. My brother had thrown a temper-tantrum, making him very hot, so my mom sat him in the tub, and put some cold water on him. He had by no means been drowning.

That was the tiny piece of truth in her lie, there was water, my mom, my brother and the tub. What she said happened was the true lie.

Some weeks later, I had been at a birthday party, but something happened. My stepdad was over an hour late when picking me up. When I got home, all my mom said was that my sister had made another accusation. This one against her.

_______________

Well... Two updates in one day. Y'all had better be thanking Super Junior, and SHINee!! My creative juices have been flowing! And speaking of Super Junior, another song by them, this one called Butterfly. The video I chose has English Sub, so you can see what they are saying! Unlike the last one, this one has meaning!!

When it says, " with sad eyes and many scars" "The shell has cacked" "has changed you" It makes me think of the losing of innocence. "free of scars" makes me think of Jamie on the surface. There's more, but I'll let you figure it out.

This chapter goes to @Dalacian for his encouragement two chapters ago. Thanks so much!!