What Is Life?

The eternal question I have been asking myself. What is life? Also what is death?

To my sister death is something that is relief.

To me death is something that will come. Something that will one day take me.

Life, that I don't know about. You could say that life is the time in which you are able to grow and change. But it seems like there should be more.

Life shouldn't be a dictionary definition. Life should be something enjoyed, not something that is just there. Sometimes it feels like I'm just going through the motions though.

That happens a lot with my sister. She is really the reason my worldly innocence was lost.

Since she started cutting, I realized how fragile life is, how easy it is to destroy someone. I lost a part of my belief that we could always live unscathed. Untouched. But I was still innocent in someways. I still believed that we could go back to the way life was before she cut. Before death became something more than just a distant thought.

I was shattered when she made a report to the police saying she had overdosed on a medication. When the EMTs got to the house, they looked her over, checked her blood pressure, and all that. They found no indication that what she had told them was the truth.

They still took her away. She was in the ER until an inpatient hospital could take her. She stayed there for a few days, then came home. Even through that I held onto the faint hope that she would stop. That our lives could be normal again.

I had yet to learn how far she would take things. How much pressure her lies would put on me. How far it would push me. What would be revealed about me that even I didn't know.

For now, there is still much you don't know. Much that you will be told. Let me tell you, there is still time for you to leave before you see how deep lies can cut.

Just a bit more, then I'll stop for now. Hang in there.

I didn't know of her cutting for a few weeks, then she started wearing long sleeves again. my mom took her to the hospital again when she claimed she was going to actually kill herself.

She stayed for a week or so, then when she was about to be discharged, she did something outrageous.

She accused four people of sexually assaulting her when she was younger.

__________________

Here's the update!! Hopefully next time it won't take so long!

I would like to dedicate this chapter to @Rapunzel2014 for being the first to comment, and encourage me with this. Thanks so much!!

Thanks so much for reading!

Sorry it took so long to update, but apparently listening to kpop is really good for creative juices!! I will be adding one of the songs that I know as the media here once I figure out how to do it!

Okay, I just added one, it has both Superman and Mr. Simple by Super Junior.

If you watch the video, comment or message me guessing how old they are, and I'll message you with their actual ages. You might be surprised!!