3. Gulped

'The Ministry has just released its latest reform regarding the Covid- 19 pandemic. The whole city of San Francisco will be placed under lock down starting from 10th March. Citizens are not allowed to...' the news lady said. I hate her so much.

She went on the tell the fines which were placed for violation of the rules. I then realized that I wouldn't be able to meet Carmen and Chase tomorrow at the café. I sighed. Now we couldn't even go out, though the news didn't really upset me. I was more of an indoor person.

'Nooooooooo,' whined Christina,' I wanted to go to the park!'

'I wanna go to za park!' mimicked Suzy. They both were sitting on the floor, playing with play dough. I shook my head. I was so not going to clean the mess.

Sick of watching TV, I got up and went to my room. Dad still hadn't come back and it had been a few hours since Chase left. I checked my phone, and to my surprise, I had a message from Dad.

I'll be home late. Order pizza. Take care of your sisters. Love, Dad

I scowled. Whatever could be so important? He never went to work for that long. I sighed and picked my phone up and tried to decide if I should order from Maestro or Domino. Christina and Suzy like Maestro, so I was about to call them when I received a message from my homeroom in our class group.

Hallo everyone! Hope you enjoyed your little break!

Online classes on the software Teams will be commencing from 9th March, Monday, 2019.

Feel free to reach me regarding any sign- up issues, etc.

Ms. Peterson

I. DID. NOT. WANT. ONLINE. CLASSES.

I buried my face in my pillow, fighting back tears. Why was nothing going the way I wanted it to?!

After a few minutes I went downstairs, having ordered 1 ranch and 1 chicken teriyaki medium- sized pizza.

'isn't Dad home yet?' asked Christina.

'int Daddy home yet?' Suzy repeated. Christina sighed.

'She's been copying me all day. I can't get her to stop,' she explained. I giggled and said,

'nawh, he's gonna be late. Probably gonna come back the sec you sleep,' I said.

I plopped down on the sofa and picked up my phone. I had finally replied back to Carmen.

Glad to hear yr doin well

I miss u

Arghh

I soo wanted 2 meet u 2day

This is sooo not fair

This lockdown is gonna be da death of me

I can't stay with Jack 24/7

N now v have these fking online classes from Sunday

I laughed. Poor Carmen. She and her elder brother never got along, but after the recent separation of her parents, their bond had gotten worse.

It's ok girl...

U'll survive

I typed back.

Pfffffffft

I want Baby Shark on my funeral

I stopped smiling. She seemed to have realized her mistake, for she deleted the message.