IM NOT O- FUCKING-KAYYY

A/N
Oh no guysss Cemetery Drive came on rn as I'm about to write this sad chapter. Wtf

I saw as Gerard slowly turned his gaze at me. His soft lips looked like they wanted to say something but it wouldn't come out.

"Y/N? I...need to ask you something" Gerard finally let out.

"Yeah? What is it" I replied.

"So when you were crying...was it really because today was too much for you?...See I know you hung out with my brother Mikey during lunch. Did he happen to hurt you?" He asked.

"What!? No! Mikey is such a nice person why would he ever hurt me? But no he didn't why would you think that?" I replied defending Mikey because he truly is an amazing person but at the same time confused as to why Gerard would think Mikey would hurt me.

"Oh no don't get me wrong, Mikey is a nice person I was just asking."

"Hey look I have to ask a question... well another one. There really is no other way to put it so I'm going to have to be straight forward with you okay?" He said.

I looked at Gerard and nodded letting him know that he could ask me whatever was on his mind.

He looked at his hands, sighed and then turned to me looking straight into my eyes.

"Do you hurt yourself?" He asked.

I immediately looked down, how did he know? Did he see anything?

"Umm what do you mean by that?" I asked trying to play it off as cool as possible.

He signed once more.

"You know what I mean, just answer truthfully. Don't worry I won't judge you sugar." He said looking at me.

At this point I was hesitating whether to tell him the truth or cover up with a flat simple 'no'.

I didn't say anything and looked down. What he did next was unexpected.

Gerard's POV.

I knew Y/N was going to lying to me, I could tell by the way she looked down avoiding eye contact when I asked her if she self harmed. There would also be no other explanation as to why I was able to sense the strong smell of blood when she came out the restroom.

She really is leaving me with no other choice. If she wasn't going to tell me the truth then I am going to have to find out myself. What I did next was unexpected for me, it was something I did in the heat of the moment and I could also tell that it took her by surprise.

I grabbed Y/N's wrist and pulled up the sleeve to her sweater. I wasn't surprised to see bandages on her wrist but I was still in shock that she would do such a thing.

I slowly tried taking a bandage off reveling a few cuts. I looked at her noticing her y/e/c eyes starting to tear up. I quickly put the bandage back on so that I wouldn't get tempted to feed on her. The first thing I could think of was to pull her in for a hug. I wrapped my arms around her while she continued to cry.

'Fuck why did I do that, now I've made her cry.' I thought to myself.

She began to calm down. I didn't know what I was going to say, i felt like an asshole for making her cry.

"Y/N?"
I loosened my hug and she looked at me.

"Why...do you want to talk about it?" I asked making sure that I didn't fuck up any more.

She sat up and took a deep breath.

Y/N'S POV.

Since Gerard had made the bold decision to look at my wrist I knew I had to explain to him what I had dealt with in the past.

I took a deep breath before I started to explain to him.

"Sorry" I began to say but I was soon interrupted by Gerard.

"No sugar, don't apologize. There's no need for you to apologize." He said.

"I...I moved here because back where I used to live, I lived with my father and my mom. My father wasn't the best person to say the least. He was a very abusive person not to mention was an alcoholic, he laid hands on both me and my mom. There was nothing we could do. He would hit me with random objects and would always be yelling at me or my mother. I started to feel weak because there was nothing I could do to get me and my mom out of that place. I then started to hurt myself to cope with all the anger, sadness from feeling useless." I said wiping away a few tears.

"Then my mom started to work two jobs and began to save money. Once she had a good amount of money saved up, she told me we would be leaving my father's home without him knowing. She started to look for houses available for us. We then left one night when he wasn't home and never looked back." I said with a slight weight off my shoulders.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that, I'm happy that you and your mom got out of that place." Gerard said seeming genuine. He then opened his arms and took me in for another hug.

I was able to once again take in the smell of cigarettes and strong coffee mixed in with cologne.

"Do you want me to walk you home? It's gotten pretty late, I'm sure you must tried." He said.

"Yeah, thank you for listening to me." I said actually appreciating him since I had never told anyone how I truly felt.

With that he walked me home and dropped me off at my door step, I thanked him once again. He said it was fine, gave me one last hug and left.

I went upstairs to my bedroom, changed into my p.j's and shifted away falling in a deep sleep.

Gerard's POV.

I got home which wasn't long of a walk since my house was a few houses up the street from Y/N's. I went in to see the boys sitting down watching a movie. I waved at them and told them that I was heading to my bedroom. I changed and layed down on my bed with my hands behind my head thinking.

Something about her...no no no it couldn't be possible. Why did I feel like I needed to be there with her? Why did I feel the need to protect her? Had I started to catch feelings for Y/N? No way, I thought while laughing to myself.

Why would she even want to be with me I'm not human, I'm a monster. She would probably scream in horror if she knew I was a vampire.