Chapter 13

Disarranged files are stacked on a desk along with some folders and papers of  evidence scattered in that particular area in the office of Organized Crime Division of Argenfield Police Department. Most lights are turned off in that office and a detective is left to work on his own case quietly on his desk; however, few employees are cleaning the facility, those who have overtime on paper works and some night shift patrol police are the only people left.

The detective has been staying in his area for a while, he doesn't have shift on this hour but he chooses to stay to review some files, wherein he prefers to stay late than going home early.

He was in the service for so long, resolved some crime with his colleagues, close to becoming promoted by next month and he's actually doing good in his job. Though he appears to be quiet and simple, Detective Michael Savante is not in fact an image other people may have thought towards him.

He also happened to become colleagues with his father, Joseph Savante however it doesn't seem to go well and they decided to work separately in the field. Both he and (YN) grew up in this big city of Argenfield and this is also the place where they take their degrees.

As a matter of fact, he and his sister weren't that close even when they were young; their bond to act as siblings is only for the sake of their father even though he already passed away. They still took care of each other still but they have their own lives to look upon.

Michael was all aware of those occurrences between his sister and him, and he blames himself for that for not being good enough as a part of their family. In his perspective, he was the most terrible and a black sheep as he considers himself for he did something that is purely unethical for his family and for his job. That guilt stays on him, it even gets bigger when their father gets shot. He's also thinking that it's the consequences for his sins.

Michael then dreadfully decided to put down the folders he's reading. He's tired of this day. As he sighed of being exhausted, his attention went to his ringing phone, there was a familiar name showing on the screen and he doesn't like what's gonna be their conversation once he answered this.

He took his phone and went to a quiet alley in the office and there he finally answered the call.

"What is it?" He started, he's not comfortable talking with this person.

"How are you, detective?" A man greeted the line with a calm voice.

"Why are you calling me? What do you want?" Michael trailed off; something is up with the person he's talking to.

"Come on, kid. Is this how you greet your superior?"

"I'm not even working with you." He answered back while trying to hold his grudge. "Tell me, why are you calling me?"

"Fine," He heard the man exhale as he continued on talking about his purpose of calling. "Well, a news came to me this morning. There has been an attempted assault in one of the bars here."

"So?"

"Your sister shouldn't be wandering around alone here in Duskwood. Technically, she is not supposed to be here the fact that she's quite famous in this town."

"What do you mean?" Michael starts to worry about (YN), he just talked to her a few days ago and she seems fine. "Does something happened to my sister?"

"Well, according to the witnesses, she's glad to be fine from the assault. However, her presence that's roaming here is not fine. You haven't watched the video that leaked just weeks ago, are you?"

Michael didn't respond for a moment and started to wander about what he just heard. "What video? Can you please get straight to the point?" He hisses.