EPILOGUE (First Point of View)

Five years later...

The way I saw it, what happened for the last few years was fun. It was undeniably dangerous and scary, but the thrill of finally being in that kind of field was a dream come true. Yes, my father will still hate me for doing that thing, but I know he would understand it anyhow.

I took one last glance in the mirror to check myself. I think I'm fine.

I then called for my senior dog and my cat to get into my car. I miss these guys. And I just feel bad leaving them with my cousin once again.

It was the end of another autumn. The breeze, the color of the trees, and the warmth of the sun despite the threat of cold days are starting to make me feel something so familiar. It's as if recalling those memories is like travelling from the past.

For a while, I parked my car in front of my cousin's veterinary clinic to drop off my pets for a while.

"Going back?" She asked me with a smile. She's aware of what happened. That's why I understand her sympathetic face. But I get the feeling that she will charge me for babysitting my pets again.

"Yeah," I quickly answered.

"Be careful on your way."

"Thanks, see ya."

I gave my pets a kiss goodbye and promised to come back before passing their leashes to my cousin. We didn't speak more because we had things to do. She waved her bye as I hit the road, returning to that town, to Duskwood.

This is going to be a long drive. It's a good thing I was prepared for it. I remember the first time I came to Duskwood. It was exhausting. It was a long time ago, but it's still fresh like a morning. That experience has been part of my existence, an event in my life that will always remind me to continue doing what's best for everyone and to be kinder to myself.

Maybe I was so focused on others' safety that I forgot mine, not knowing there were people who were also worried for me. It's something I didn't appreciate or didn't see. I am over-thinking. When helping is what you do, you don't realize that you also need it.

Being a spy was good therapy, though, in my opinion. And Bryce was also there, and we had topics that were off-limits.

| Welcome to Duskwood |

As I read the sign, passing through the forest, a sudden chill enveloped me. It feels weird yet exciting at the same time. Coming back to this town, literally, driving my car on its road, there is nostalgia. I somehow missed this place, even though there are some unpleasant memories, only a few good ones.

I passed the motel that is now a good-looking building. I think they have turned it into a hotel. The town changed a little, but some establishments stayed as traditional as when I saw them the first time. I decided to take the road where Aurora Bar is located, but the bar is no longer there. It has been turned into a coffee shop now. I don't know. I feel disappointed that the bar is gone, and I fairly know the reason why.

I moved on and drove until I got to Richy's house. Roger's Garage has a huge sign, and it seems like business is booming.

Taking some presents in a basket with me, I got out of my car and headed to knock on Roger's residence. The door opened and Richy welcomed me with a surprised and warm smile.

"(YN)!" He beamed, giving me a hug. "Hey, glad you made it here. And welcome back!"

"Thank you, Richy." My heart flutters with joy to see him like I met him.

"Everybody, look who's here!" The living room is full of familiar faces that also seem surprised and glad to see me. "It's (YN)!"

With my excitement, I greeted everyone with a big smile and hugs. Lilly and I both said that we missed each other. I embraced Hannah to see her completely okay now. There is a bloom on her face; she's now free from her illness, and that's good news to me. Cleo, I recalled that I never met her when I visited here, but it is nice to see her. Then there's Thomas, who is too shy and shook my hands instead. I just laughed and hugged him as a greeting. And finally, Dan, who was more cheery to welcome me and whose voice thundered in the room. He was actually a big man. Everyone is here, and there's a small gathering in Richy's house to celebrate the Pine Glade Festival.