Post-Production Blues

(AUTHOR'S NOTE: Every Season 13 queen that appears in this story is referred to either by their drag names or their real first names.)

It all started mid-August in the year 2020. Production finished Friday that week after RuPaul decided not to cut anyone from Kade, Kevin, Reggie, and Ross before the finale was scheduled to be filmed some few weeks before the season formally concludes after it starts airing.

And because of the risks brought by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic in the United States at the time, the four of them were supposed to be immediately flown back to their hometowns.

The next day, Kade, Kevin, Reggie, and Ross were given all day to pack their belongings. All four of them were going to leave the Werk Room the day after that. Kade had some plans on his mind that day, since he was about to turn 24.

While Kade was in the middle of packing, Ross was already finished with packing his belongings.

So, he came over to Kade and said, "Yo, Kade. You got plans this week?" Kade shook his head and asked, "Why?" Ross replied, "Well, my boyfriend isn't with me at my place, 'cause you know. Miss Rona."

Kade was surprised.

He then asked, "Do you want me to stay over at yours for the week?" Ross scratched his head and said, "Well... if you've got any plans ahead, it's fine, but---" Kade cut him off and replied, "Of course, I'd love to come over, silly. I'll ask Mandy if we could go together."

Ross smiled at him.

After their conversation, Ross walked away from Kade and sat on a stool in the Werk Room. Meanwhile, Kevin and Reggie were talking about them. Kevin turned to Reggie and whispered, "Ooh, bitch. Ross is thirsty for Kade." Reggie chuckled softly and replied, "I know, right?"

Then, both of them started laughing amongst themselves.

A few minutes later, Kade finished packing. So, he came up to one of RuPaul's Drag Race's executive producers named Mandy. He asked her, "Um, Mandy, are all four of us going back to our hometowns immediately today?"

Mandy nodded.

Then, she asked Kade, "Why do you ask, sweetheart?" Kade replied, "Well, I was thinking of coming to New York with Ross." Mandy nodded and said to him, "Alright, I'll take note of that. So, we'll instead buy two plane tickets to New York for both of you guys."

Kade smiled at Mandy and thanked her.

After his conversation with Mandy, Kade sat on a stool beside Ross. He then told him, "I just had a talk with Mandy, and she said that they'll buy two plane tickets for both of us to New York." Ross smiled and replied, "That's great! We're gonna have so much fun together."

Later that afternoon, Kade, Kevin, Reggie, and Ross were finished packing.

Before they were allowed to exit the Werk Room, Mandy came up to the table where they were and said to them, "On behalf of the staff here at World of Wonder, I want to thank you guys so much for letting you and your drag be shown this season."

The four of them cheered.

Mandy continued, "We here at World of Wonder know how challenging this COVID-19 pandemic is on everyone in this country, and we are deeply grateful that you made some time off of your gigs and performances to be here."

Kade, Kevin, Reggie, and Ross all smiled.

Kade said to her, "It's our pleasure to be here, gorg'. Our asses worked so damn hard to give the fans a season while miss Rona's on world tour." Kevin added, "This experience is truly something that I and these bitches will never forget for the rest of our lives." Reggie jumped in and said, "We had fun filming this season. There'll never be a season like ours." Ross nodded and said further, "This batch of queens will truly be remembered. We'll all go down in Herstory."

Mandy smiled back at the four of them.

As the time reached 5:00 pm, Mandy said to them, "Time to give your final goodbyes to this Werk Room, you guys." Kade, Kevin, Reggie, and Ross jokingly groaned. They then stood up and said their personal goodbyes. After that, they were escorted back to their hotel rooms.

The next day, Kevin and Reggie were flown back to their hometowns, while Kade and Ross were flown to New York together.

To be continued in Part 2...