Chapter 15: Quotes & An Awkwardly Beautiful Situation

{Ally}

It’s Wednesday, April 30.

Despite the boys taking a hard loss last night, they still had an early practice this morning.

I feel bad for them, sometimes.

They work their butts off one night, and the next morning they are right back at that rink.

But, I know they love it. I know that they are working extremely hard to get back in that series.

Coach Q was most likely not impressed with them last night.

It’s about 10:00 in the morning, and the boys’ practice started at 7:30 this morning.

I woke up at about 9:30, and headed downstairs for breakfast.

Judging by the state that the kitchen was left in... I’d say that Pat and Jonathan already ate breakfast.

It was a disaster.

They had obviously made eggs and toast or something like that, but they didn’t clean up after themselves.

I just rolled my eyes, laughed, and cleaned up the mess after them.

I don’t know how those boys even survive without me here.

After breakfast, I headed out to the balcony, and took in the chilly air, and the busy streets below.

Chicago is so beautiful.

After calming down to a peaceful state of mind, I headed inside and watched hockey highlights from around the league.

It’s about 10:00, and Pat and Jonathan should be home any time now.

I’ve got plans for later today.

When the boys get home, I have already decided that I’m going to take Jonathan out for the rest of the morning.

We’re going to go to Millennium Park; one of the most beautiful parks in the entire world.

Also, one of my favorite places ever.

I’m still shocked at what Jonathan did last night.

It still doesn’t seem like reality that someone that I feel extremely deeply for, feels the same way about me.

That never happens to me.

Not like this. This is different. 

This, is different.

And I can feel it.

Right then, I hear the door open, and laughing fills the silence.

The sound of laughing from two immature, (but sometimes a little too mature) NHL superstars.

I get up off the couch, and make my way over to the entrance.

“Dude, Saad’s flop in practice today was hilarious.” Patrick shakes his head, laughing.

“Oh hey Ally!” He smiles, and then continues laughing.

I shake my head and smile.

He’s so Patrick.

“That is forever going to be funny.” Jonathan laughs, as he sets down his hockey bag.

His eyes flicker to mine, and in a second, my heart jumps through my shirt.

My heart sparks at the sight of him, and my stomach fills of butterflies.

I’m really looking forward to this afternoon.