Chapter 34: Sparks of Passion

{Ally}

"Patrick, I'm pretty sure you turn here." I say, looking out the window as the buildings pass by.

"Shit, are you serious!?" He exclaims, suddenly veering off the road into the parking lot.

"Jesus Kaner, learn to drive." Jonathan laughs, shaking his head.

I giggle to myself.

It's Friday, July 18, at about 6:30 in the evening.

The Hawks have rented out an indoor gym, and we have all decided that we're going to play a fun game of volleyball for the evening.

All the players are coming, as well as their wives or girlfriends.

Of course, I contributed to the idea of a fun volleyball game.

I haven't played since the season ended in late March, and I've been craving it.

Jonathan doesn't know that I play on the University at Buffalo women's volleyball team.

He has no idea.

Heck, I don't even think he knows that I play volleyball.

For some reason, it's just never come up.

Everything has been so focused around the sport that he plays, that despite the fact that I play an extremely high level of volleyball, we just never talk about it.

It never crossed my mind to tell him.

So of course, I thought it would be a good idea to make it a surprise.

Most of the guys on the team know that I'm a huge volleyball player, but they don't know who I play for and all that.

The only two that know that are Chaunette and of course, Patrick, but they have agreed to keep quiet for the first little bit.

I'm also going to take it easy at first, because no offense to anyone here, but, they are all easy opponents.

Anyways, Patrick just about missed the turn into the parking lot of the gym we've rented out for the evening.

Nonetheless, he finds a parking spot, and indeed, parks the car.

"Wow, we made it. Why am I surprised?" Jonathan asks, sarcastically.

I turn around from the passenger seat, smiling at Jonathan.

He winks, and flashes me a grin.

"Shut up." Patrick laughs, getting out of the car.

We all make our way to the back of the car to grab our bags.

I'm just wearing my spandex, court shoes, and a dri-fit purple shirt.

The boys are wearing athletic shorts, runners, and dri-fit Hawks shirts.

It's a gorgeous day out, here in Chicago.

The sun is still high in the sky, and there is a gentle breeze in the air.

Pat locks the car, and the three of us make our way into the facility.

We enter the building, and hear voices coming from the gym down the hallway.

I smile.

I love the sound of echoes in a gym.

I literally cannot wait to get out there and play volleyball again.

It's been way too long.

I skip happily to the entrance of the gym, where I find myself staring at one of the most gorgeous volleyball courts I have ever seen.

And trust me, I am entitled to the high-end volleyball courts, but this is spectacular.