Chapter 7: An Undeniable Longing

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! Just a quick shoutout before the update! Thank-you so much to the wonderful and extremely talented @hockeys18 for the new book cover! You guys should all go follow her and check out her profile, she has amazing works. That's all for now! Enjoy the update :)

Becca

{Patrick}

Tuesday, April 15.

The date that marks our first playoff game of the 2014 season.

The first playoff game of the Stanley Cup.

We've won Lord Stanley twice in the past three years. We can do it again this year.

We will do it again this year.

Around playoffs, my attitude changes. I get a whole lot more tense, and nothing else seems to matter, except for hockey.

Of course, I'm not like Jonathan, where I get so uptight that I refuse to let loose, but let's just say I am slightly more focused this time of year.

We are versing the Anaheim Ducks tonight in game one at The United Center.

It's 3:15 in the afternoon, and the game is at 7:30. We have to be at the United Center by 4:00, meaning that we have to leave right away.

Jonathan and I are going together in his car, and then Chaunette agreed to pick up Ally at 6:30 to go to the game so she didn't have to wait around for the entire afternoon before the game started.

Of course, that's what she wanted to do. But as soon as she heard that she would get to spend time with Chaunette if she got picked up at 6:30, she was all for it.

I don't know what it is, but Ally is acting slightly different.

Especially around Jonathan.

I catch her staring at him with longing eyes, even when she doesn't realize it, and she always finds a way to talk about him, when he's not around.

I mean, I know that she's a really big fan of him, so maybe it's just that she's a little starstruck.

I know Ally better than anyone else, and even I can't place this one.

Sometimes, she's looking all enchanted by him, and other times it almost looks like she's trying to ignore him or avoid all eye contact with him, whatsoever.

It's the strangest thing.

I decide not to pay too much attention to it, as I'm much too focused on the game that lies just ahead of me.

"Hey Jonathan!" I call through the apartment.

I have no idea where he is.

"Yeah?" He calls back, from upstairs.

"Are we going or not, Captain Serious?" I shout, laughing.

"Yeah, yeah! Just hold on!" He calls back.

Right then, Ally comes jogging down the stairs, and stops once she sees me.

"I forgot you wear suits on game days." She laughs, looking at me from top to bottom.

I laugh, and look down at my feet.

"Where is Jonathan?" Ally asks, looking around, puzzled.

"Right here!" He says, as he comes down the stairs in his suit.

Ally swings around, so that she's facing Jonathan, and her back is towards me.

Jonathan smiles at her, and then walks past her, as she watches him walk towards the door.