Chapter 62: The True Immensity of Our Universe

Hey guys!

I just want to thank-you all so much for 50K reads and over 2K votes. That means so much to me, and I'm so thankful for all of you. :)

Also, just letting you all know that this is NOT the last chapter of this story. There are two more parts (one more chapter and an epilogue) after this one.

Thanks again, & love you all,

-Becca xoxo

{Omniscient}

The earth is a powerful, majestic, fascinating thing.

It's the home of so many, the birthplace of warriors, the location of miracles, and the habitat of beautiful creatures.

It even has its own follower.

The moon.

That illuminate ball of pure beauty circles around the earth like a child following their hero, desperate to talk to them.

Little does the moon know, so many admire its beauty from down on planet Earth, in love with the light it casts over an utter darkness.

And even though the earth and the moon are both remarkable beings, they too obey an even greater force.

Led by the earth, the two orbit a more powerful being; the sun.

And the earth is not the only planet to do this.

There are others, repeating the same process, at their own paces.

But it doesn't end there.

Multiple planets and suns all come together to form a galaxy.

A single galaxy; one of billions.

Not even a grain of sand, when you put things into perspective.

The vastness of our universe is often mistaken by many, as individuals tend to forget just how tiny of a role they play in such a large system.

Even something as huge as our galaxy, has a greater force ultimately controlling it.

And when you think about the humans on our home planet, and you think about how tiny they really are, you can't help but think, even the most devastating events can't be that big of a deal.

I will be the first to tell you, that you are wrong.

And no matter how small a single human being is in the grand scheme of things, they can impact a life in the hugest of ways.

Even when they are gone.

And the entire universe is often not enough to make someone forget the one that they lost.

So her hands gripped his fingers, and she held them tighter than ever, because she knew the end was close.

She knew that he would disappear somehow.

She gripped his fingers, just to know he was still there.

But he isn't going anywhere.

He will always still be there.

Always.