Chapter 13: The Existence of a Fictional Fantasy

{Ally}

I swing my body onto my side to check the time.

10:00. Okay, that’s a decent time.

I haven’t been able to sleep all night. 

It’s the morning of Friday, April 25. After the Blackhawks’ win last night, I knew that they would be on the plane heading home right away.

I was too excited to see Patrick and Jonathan. I hate having to say goodbye to both of them, and I couldn’t wait to see them again.

I even heard the boys make their way in, trying so hard to be quiet because they didn’t want to wake me. They’re so sweet.

Let’s just say, they weren’t all that quiet. I managed to contain my excitement enough and not bolt out of my room to embrace them. I let them think that I was sleeping.

But now that it’s a decent time, I think it will be okay if I make my way downstairs.

I don’t expect either of them to be downstairs yet. I just want to be there by the time that they do.

I throw on a sweater, brush my hair, and then quietly open my door.

The door doesn’t creak, (thankfully), and I see the morning light stream through the windows downstairs.

I look down the hall and see both Jonathan and Patrick’s doors shut, not a single noise coming from either rooms.

Both of them are obviously still asleep.

I carefully make my way down the stairs, and into the kitchen.

I decide to make the boys some sort of fancy breakfast, in celebration of their big win last night.

I mean, they swept the Anaheim Ducks.

Now that, is an accomplishment.

I get out the pancake mix, the eggs, and the bacon.

Before I know it, I’m busy at work, preparing a breakfast for champions.

Right then, I hear a voice coming from a boy that I know all too well.

“Morning Ally!” He smiles, his voice laced with a mixture of excitement and sleep.

I spin around, and see Patrick strolling in, wearing grey sweats and a white v-neck, his blonde curls messy from his sleep.

Although I’m standing across the room from him, I can still see the ocean of blue that sits in his eyes.

I start smiling uncontrollably, and race over to him.

His mouth forms a huge grin as he sees me making my way over to him, and he open his arms wide.

I squeal as I jump into his arms, and he hugs me back tightly.

Despite the fact that I’ve known Pat my entire life, his blue eyes still exasperate me every single time I look at them.

Patrick’s eyes could easily be mistaken for brilliant sapphires.

“Patrick!” I cry, as we part.

“Hey Ally,” He smiles down at me, as he holds me at arms-length.

“Congratulations.” I wink, stepping back from him a little bit.

“Thanks Ally.” He grins, throwing his arm loosely around my shoulder.

“God, it smells good in here.” Patrick laughs, as we enter the kitchen.

“Bacon, eggs, and pancakes.” I shrug.