Epilogue

To my lovely readers,

This is the very last update/part of "Shooting Stars".

Thank-you so very much for sticking with me throughout this entire novel. I cannot thank-you enough for all of the support and confidence that you guys have given me throughout the course of this story.

I have uploaded the first Author's Note & Introduction of "This Love is Ours", which is the "part 2" of this story, so you should totally go read that and add that book to your libraries! :)

Again, thank-you all so much for everything.

I love you, I love you, I love you.

-Becca, xoxo

{Omniscient} 

Saturday, June 11, 2016.

Hockey Night in Canada.

Not just a regular Saturday night, but game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Pittsburgh Penguins. 

Although neither of the teams are Canadian, of course, we still call it Hockey Night in Canada, because all hockey fans, Canadians too, are watching this magnificent game.

In the Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015, the Blackhawks were absent.

Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane were both out from January up until the end of the 2014-2015 season due to personal and injury-related reasons.

And that contributed to why the Chicago Blackhawks were not in the playoffs that year.

But, the 2015-2016 season was different.

Toews and Kane returned, and they had a bounce back year.

They came back, with great passion.

It's been a year and a half since the loss of the best friend of Patrick Kane and the soulmate of Jonathan Toews.

It's been rough.

But, the the hockey stars persevered.

They made it.

It wasn't easy, but they did.

They both still miss her, immensely.

Patrick cries for his best friend, to hear her voice, and just to see her face again. 

Jonathan longs for his beautiful girlfriend, also known as the love of his life who was taken from him too early.

But they are still here. 

And, the Chicago Blackhawks play tonight, at the United Center against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

It's Saturday night, game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, and although the boys have not forgotten Ally Summers, they are pumped for the game.

Pumped to play the game that they both have a burning passion for.

And so, the game begins, the excitement in the Madhouse palpable.

It's a close game.

It forces its way into overtime, and the nervous crowd is on their feet the entire time.

With two minutes remaining in the first overtime, right when everyone thinks its going to go to second OT, Patrick Kane gains possession of the puck.

And with a powerful driving force, Patrick skates up the ice with elegant strides into the Penguins' end.

He's in trouble.

He's got two defensemen in front of him.

But Kane is smart, and skilled.

He stick handles, and slides the puck ever so easily to #19, Jonathan Toews.

Right off of Toews' tape, Marc-Andre Fleury is no match for the sick one timer that Jonathan has just sent flying in the net. 

Gloves are off, sticks are dropped, and a passionate crowd roars as the goal horn goes off, marking the victory of yet another Stanley Cup for the Chicago Blackhawks. 

They are the 2016 Stanley Cup Champions.

The fourth one, in just six years.

The emotion is palpable, and ever so evident.

Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane are the first to reach each other, jumping into the other, tears of joy, (and maybe a bit of sadness) escaping their eyes.

"I love you man." Patrick cries into Jonathan's ear.

"I love you too man. It was for Ally, Pat. It was for Ally." Jonathan says, and Patrick nods.

"Always for Ally." Patrick cries, tears streaming down his face.

And in this moment, you can see that even our heroes cry.

Even the most powerful legends, the strongest warriors, have emotions.

They too, feel loss, sadness, and even fear.

The rest of the Blackhawks meet with their captain and #88, celebrating and screaming in happiness. 

It truly is an emotional moment.

The whole team had a shared driving force.

Ally. 

The whole team loved her with all their hearts. And they all had her in their minds when they won this thing.

And so, there you have it.

Patrick Kane hoists the Stanley Cup, screaming with joy, and maybe a bit of sorrow.

You could say that it's bittersweet, I suppose.

Tears stream down his face like a waterfall, and the crowd cheers extra loud for him.

Of course, they too, all know the story of the loss of his best friend, Ally Summers.

"IT'S FOR ALLY! THIS IS FOR ALLY." He shouts at the top of his lungs.

And then Lord Stanley gets passed to the Captain of the Chicago Blackhawks.

He hoists it proudly above his head, letting out a cry of desperation and joy.

The crowd cheers extra loud, knowing that Ally Summers was his beloved soulmate.

"I LOVE YOU ALLY. I LOVE YOU, DARLING. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH." Jonathan hollers.

Patrick pats Jon's back, and the two boys have accomplished their goal; to win for Ally.

Patrick skates over to Jonathan and whispers something in his ear.

"Ally would have been proud to see this, Jonathan." He says. 

Jonathan looks back at Patrick, a bittersweet smile written on his face.

He pats Patrick's shoulder.

"Oh she is watching, Kaner. She is. She's watching both of us. From up there." Jonathan explains, gesturing towards the sky. 

Patrick nods, a bittersweet smile spread across his face. 

And for a second, you can tell that both NHL superstars are dedicating their win to something much bigger than hockey, and much bigger than life itself. 

Love. 

And with that, the proud Captain hoists the Stanley Cup up to the sky, sharing his victory with his one true love, Ally Summers. 

And somewhere up in the stars, she smiles as she watches with her elegant green eyes.

The elegant emeralds that Jonathan Toews fell in love with, what seems like forever ago.