58

Valeria

Before we knew it, we were in New York.

With it being almost a month since I last was here I could definitely say nothing changed. Same atmosphere, same people....

Same shitty attitudes, but I take pride in that. Lets just say Vinnie isn't used to it yet though. He witnessed his first New York City crackhead, probably some of the funniest people you'll ever meet while you're here, and he also took his first yellow taxi.

See any normal New Yorker takes either the bus, train or uber, but he insisted he wanted to ride in a yellow taxi cab. Worst ride of my life. The yellow taxi cab drivers are extremely ruthless, and overpriced.

Luckily, I've learned how to talk down the price of anything that's overpriced.

Thank you dad.

But finally, after a hour cab ride, we had gotten to the hotel which wasn't too far from mine and Willows apartment building that we grew up in.

It was currently 8 in the morning, so when we checked into the hotel we went straight to our room to unwind before the night. Willow wasn't with us because she wanted to go straight to her parents house so we spilt at the airport after we landed.

I on the other hand would like to avoid going to my parents house for the next few hours.

Plus my parents are never done with dinner until like 7 pm so we can wait.

"Are you excited to meet the parents?" I laugh, plopping down onto the bed. Vinnie was laying on his back, staring up at the ceiling looking completely lost in thought.

"Is it bad if I say no?"

"No it's completely reasonable. My dad is a bit suspicious of you, my mom doesn't know you and my little sister is in love with you." I smile, making him whine. "I don't want your dad punching me in the face before we even sit down for dinner." He says, looking over to me.

"He won't. My mother won't let him, and my sisters boyfriend is going to be there so half of his hatred will be also out else where."

"He doesn't like her boyfriend either? Why?" He questions.

"Long story, I don't feel like telling. But he's cordial with him because he doesn't want my sister getting mad at him." I shrug, scrolling through my Twitter timeline. "Nice so that means a good 75% of his attention will be centered on me."

"Yeah, probably. You're new to the dinner table so my mother is probably going to ask you a lot of questions, my sister might add in her two cents and my dad will probably just grill you and ask you some things if he's feeling spicy tonight." Vinnie just shakes his head, rubbing his hand over his face.

"You're worrying for nothing... I did great with your parents." I try reasoning, but that didn't work. His parents love me.

"Yeah that's because they love you. Your dad wants me dead."

"Drama queen."

"Am not." He says childishly.

"Please don't start."

***

Instagram