6

valeria

"So how was the date with Vinnie?" Dixie ask, as me, her and Charli all sit down at Saddle Ranch. It was about 3 days since me and Vinnie went out together, and Dixie wanted to catch up on things about how it went.

"It wasn't a date... It was two friends, casually having lunch together, like how we're doing right now." I say, moving the menu up to my face. "Yeah, we're casual friends, but you and Vinnie? More like star crossed lovers." Charli pipes up with a smile. I laugh at her, as I roll my eyes and look back to the menu. Their burger section looks so fucking good, I don't even know which to choose. "Oh you are no fun! You and Vinnie are like meant for each other but you choose to ignore it. Why can't you let someone love you?" Dixie complains.

"Vinnie loves me... as his friend. So let's talk about something else? How about, which burger should I choose? The bbq one or the Hollywood one?"

Dixie groans as Charli answers the bbq one, making me smile and nod.

"Did he actually friend zone you? Or are you making that up." Charli now ask. "Well what do you think?" I tell them honestly. I mean the lunch was perfect, but then Vinnie went on about how I'm practically his sister, and he could tell me anything and I just felt icky so I agreed... But he also told me how at one point he liked me but he didn't know if I liked him back so that's when he moved on to Emily. "Oh shit?! He told you thattt?" Dixie says shocked. I nod my head, closing the menu and setting it down.

Before she even gets to continue, the waitress comes over and we order our food. "Maybe he was telling you that because he still likes you and wanted to see what you'd say? I highly doubt he still has feelings for Emily now, especially after all that happened earlier this year." Charli tells me.

I totally understand her, but I don't know, he looked a bit serious.

"Yeah, maybe that. We'll never know unless you give it a shot..." Dixie teases, making me laugh.

***

After we ate lunch, We went to visit the hype house because they'd just moved into the new one. It looked like a fucking apartment building from the outside, but in reality it's this big ass house where all the rich people live. My 3 bedroom apartment in nyc with my parents and my little sister is quaking!

"I can't believe Thomas signed the lease on this house! This shit is beautiful." I say, when we get inside the elevator. "Who even has an elevator in their house?! Rich bitches." I continue, making Charli and Dixie laugh. "Vally!! My baby." Mia yells as she see's me and the girls get out the elevator. She runs over to me and we hug for a few before we pull apart. "Ugh I've missed you so much." I say.

"You've missed me? I've missed you! You're the only one we rarely see over here because oh I don't know, live all the way in New York!?" Mia states sarcastically but I know she's being a little serious. "You know I'd move here in a heartbeat, but I don't know, I just love my little apartment in New York with my family." I tell her truthfully. That's one thing that's always been on my mind. The idea of actually moving away from home and living in L.A. In reality I'd be doing it because that's what almost everyone does, but I'm not everyone and I like where I grew up. However I do go and visit L.A every now and then, but I'd never make it official to move because it's not something my heart desires.

"Ugh it doesn't even matter. You're here now and thats all I ever want!!" She says, pulling me in for another hug. Almost immediately after she pulls away I hear running coming from the stair way, only to see Ryland and Nick coming at me, full speed.

Within an instance, they both smash into me, giving me the biggest hug ever. At first I'm tense but I melt right into their embrace, having missed them since I've been gone. They became the brothers I've never wanted, but I loved all at the same time. "Oh my god I've missed you boys so fucking much!!" I say into both of their necks. Nick pulls away giggling, making me have a puzzled look.