68

Valeria

March came and the birthday talk just never seemed to stop. Every other day, Willow and Vinnie found a way to talk about my birthday, even if I would switch the conversation. For some reason they were extra excited, and I couldn't help but feel like they had something planned.

Well they already told me that they were taking me out that day, so I'm assuming that's why they keep asking.

"My birthday is not for another.... 20 days. Please stop stressing me out." I plead to Vinnie.

"I'm just trying to get an idea of where you'd want to go." He defends. "I'm pretty sure we're gonna be going to boa since that's the only other place that we go to besides Saddle Ranch." I finally say, looking towards him.

He doesn't say another word, he just smiles, letting me get back to doing my makeup.

Today I was going to be on Dixie's show, "The Early Late Night Show."

She invited me to do it like a few weeks ago, but I only now got the time to do it after coming back from vacation. She sent me some of the questions that she would be asking me and I was pretty excited to go because ultimately I never really had an interview with anyone before.

So this would be very interesting.

I got dressed in a very simple outfit, a white cropped shirt with a pair of funky patterned pants and my black 1461 doc marten platforms. My hair was down, and my makeup was done lightly. It only took me around 25-30 minutes to get completely ready, and then I was ready to go.

***

"Hi everyone it's Dixie D'amelio and welcome back to another episode of The Early Late Night Show!" Dixie introduces.

"Here with us today is a great friend of mine, actually my best friend, Valeria Montoya!!!" She cheers. The camera pans over to me and I sit there smiling. "I'm so glad you invited me!" I say, smiling,

"So Valeria... you are a youtuber turned tiktoker... how did you get your start on YouTube?" She questions.

"We'll I originally did it just to past the time. I didn't have much going on back in New York so I decided to start my channel. At first it was going good, but I didn't have as much viewers as I do now... that was like favorite time though, when I barely had people watching me." I say truthfully.

"Speaking on New York, you're originally from there, we love being an east coaster. But you moved out to LA like almost a year ago... do you like it? Does the LA life scare you?"

"Uh, I would definitely say at first it scared me because living in New York I was used to your average 'mean' person, I was used to being unknown in such a big city. But making that move here I didn't know what it had in store for me. Like from the moment I stepped off the plane at LAX, it was different."

"I remember when I first moved out here, it was so intimidating because you have to think, just last year in August, no one knew of me and Charli. Than a month or so later she's now this big tiktok sensation and at first I was living in her shadow until I started doing my own thing." Dixie expresses to me.

"It's crazy to think how far we've come. Like that was the same time I blew up on tiktok and I remember first ever coming to LA thinking, 'Holy Shit, these people are like this big house with all these followers' and here I am, with like 453k followers coming in trying to be friends with everyone. I felt small, but that's also because I was an ethnic person around a majority of white people and it was different for me. In New York we have that, but I went to a school that was heavily mixed with mainly black and hispanic students and like 2-5 % of the school had white kids. So I'm not gonna lie, coming to LA was a big change, but overall worth it in the end." I rambled on.