Tiburon

"Land ho!"

Alvarez's voice from the crow's nest snaps you up from leaning over the ship's rails, where once again you are vomiting. It's been happening more frequently and you know it isn't from what you've eaten since you had no appetite for breakfast. You wince as a particularly painful cramp rolls through you. You've been hiding this illness as best you can, but that's only because you have no idea as to what the hell is going on.

As the Intrepid slowly approaches port, you let out a sigh of relief when you see the Damnation safely docked. You can't wait to see the crew again. Sunset and Robert's parrot squawk happily from the riggings.

"That's right guys. We're almost home and we'll see the rest of our family soon."

Once the Intrepid is docked, Oliver sends his crew out to fetch supplies for the journey back to London; he then helps you, Edward, and Charlie collect your belongings and bring them on board the Damnation. Your heart begins to sink as you realize that your adventures with Oliver are coming to an end.

After everything is in order, you stand at the docks, preparing to say your goodbyes to Oliver. He looks over the three of you.

"I guess this is it."

You nod sadly as you reach over and give him a tight hug.

"Please keep in touch, no matter what. I can safely say this; the 21st century doesn't have friends like you."

"I can say the same to you as well, Coral. But I promise our paths will cross again. If you or your crew ever need anything, do not hesitate to reach out."

You give him one more hug and Edward steps forward to shake his hand.

"Thank you for all you have done for us, and for Coral. I will always be grateful for that."

They share an understanding smile with each other. Oliver releases Edward's hand and looks at Charlie.

"Actually Charlotte, there was something I wanted to discuss privately with you for a moment. Do you mind?"

He offers his arm to her and she smiles as she loops her hand into the crook of his elbow. He leads her towards the end of the docks, away from you. You can't tell what's being said but Charlie lets out a small laugh, and Oliver has the biggest smile on his face. You turn to Edward.

"Any idea what that's all about?"

He shakes his head and you shrug. You know well enough that when they're ready to talk to you about something, they will.

Later you find yourself on your own, doing some shopping. You walk into Grace's store and purchase some more clothes. You're a little confused when Grace has to let out garments that were in your size and were fitting perfectly weeks ago.

"Thank you again, Grace. I didn't think I was gaining any weight. My appetite's been a little off lately."

She cuts the remaining thread and turns you around to fully look at your new outfit. The teal vest is still your favorite piece, but now it covers a billowy blue blouse, and a loose black skirt.

"It's no trouble at all dear. And you look wonderful; you're practically glowing!"

Grace is kind enough to also sell you scissors, thread, and a couple needles in case you need to make more alterations on the ship. You're grateful for the costume making course you took during your community theater days since it taught you how to sew.

Dinner time has soon rolled around and you happily make your way to the tavern to rejoin the crew. You can't contain your excitement at seeing everyone again; this truly is your family. After everyone has gotten their food and drinks, you begin to tell them all you have learned.