chapter 12

Miracle looked around. She headed to get to the house. LP followed Miracle, trusting her instincts. LP and Miracle went along, then found a mailbox marked: STEVE MAJORS.

"Must be the place..." LP muttered.

Miracle nodded. LP and Miracle then went to the front door and rang the doorbell.

There were voices heard on the other side of the door and there came out the man known as Steve, though oddly enough, he didn't look anything like Brad. He had frizzy light brown hair with green eyes while Brad had dark hair with blue eyes, not to mention glasses. He glanced at Miracle, she seemed familiar and looked to LP, curious. "Can I help you?" He asked, breaking their awkward silence.

Miracle looked at him. "Ve're here to see Mark and Sara." she smiles.

"Oh, okay..." Steve gave a nod and let the girls come in. "Mark, Sara, you have friends over!"

"Sara has friends?" Mark's voice was heard, followed by a thud. "OWCH!"

Miracle hid a giggle. Mark and Sara then came out and saw the girls in surprise.

"Miracle!" Sara chirped and ran toward Miracle, instantly hugging her.

Miracle laughed, gently hugging Sara.

"I've missed you so much..." Sara squealed.

Mark looked bored and kept looking out the WINDOW like he were expecting someone and CHECKED his watch anxiously.

LP came over. "Hello, Sara."

Sara laughed, sounding a lot like Janet when she laughed, then looked to LP. "Oh, hi..." she greeted softly.

"I'm sorry I called you an orphan..." LP quickly said.

Sara blinked, then smiled. "Its okay..." She could tell this girl was sincere.

Miracle hugged her happily.

"What brings you guys here?" Sara asked, curious.

"Just wanted to visit and bring some treats." LP showed the basket filled with glowing star biscuits.

Sara's eyes grew large and wide. "What are those things...?"

Mark still seemed to fidget as he sat on the couch and kept looking out the window and grunted.

"Star biscuits." Miracle smiled.

"Ooh..." Sara examined them.

Miracle smiled.

Sara took the basket and put them on the couch to sit down next to her and she looked among the treats and found a glossy photograph and oohed at it. "Is that... My mom...?"

"Yes." LP gave a nod.

Miracle smiled.

Sara clutched the picture and looked to them. "Thank you..."

Mark still looked impatient. "Where is she...?" he growled under his breath.

LP smiled at Sara with Miracle. Miracle gave the girl a one-armed hug.

"I really miss her..." Sara sighed.

"What's with you?" LP looked to Mark.

"Huh?" Mark looked behind him to see them, then shrugged as he continued to stare out the WINDOW. "Oh, nuthin'."

Miracle hugged her.

Sara cooed in the hug. "Mark, be patient, your 'girlfriend' will be here soon."

"She's not my girlfriend!" Mark yelled at her, his face turning red. "She's just... A classmate who's coming over..."

Sara rolled her eyes after Miracle broke the hug. "Sure, Mark, sure..."