chapter 8

Selena led the way to the pond for LP and Sonny, stopping at a shop to get bread for the ducks. Sonny and LP bonded sharing some secrets together since they were now brother and sister. Sonny asked LP numerous questions about Transsexual and what it would be like.

"Cigarettes please." a woman in front of Selena said, coughing a bit. she had an over coat with a hat and sunglasses. She didn't look all too familiar to Selena.

Selena waited patiently. She tilted her head as she looked at the woman in front.

"Come on, what is taking so long!?" the woman sounded angered and impatient. 

"Yeah, yeah, lighten up will ya?" the guy behind the counter asked her, grumbling.

The woman growled, taking out a flask from her purse and drinking from it like a pig.

Selena looked at the woman. "Ma'am, they try their best..."

The woman turned, throwing off her sunglasses to show sagging brown eyes who looked a lot like the actress for Janet Weiss in the Rocky Horror Show. "How dare you speak out of turn! When I was a little girl, children were seen and not heard!" 

Selena's eyes widened. "Uh sorry miss, Ja--, uh ma'am" she stuttered, recognizing the woman by how she looked like the actress.

The woman rolled her eyes and took her pack of cigarettes. "Whatever, I don't need this... I used to be big, you know, BIG!"

"Watch it, Weiss!" a man who worked in the shop passed, sounding aggravated that she would always be in the shop for drugs. 

"You can't talk to Miss Mental Health like that!" Janet scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"You are..." Selena was starting to feel overwhelmed, LP, Sonny and probably Miracle were aliens, she had just seen Janet Weiss and she had met the children of her and Brad Majors.

Janet raised an eyebrow at her, then walked away. "Children..." she left abruptly, not seeing Sonny or LP outside.

Selena paid for the bread numbly and walked over to the siblings.

"Hey, what took you so long?" Sonny couldn't help but ask.

"I just met Janet Weiss..." Selena muttered, still a bit shell-shocked. Selena blinked slowly. She held onto Sonny's hand.

"Are you okay?" Sonny asked, delicately as LP took the bread while they would go feed the ducks and get ice cream.

Selena looked at him. "I'm in shock, I think."

"Do you need some water or something?" Sonny offered.

"Just something sweet."

The group stumbled to some ice cream. Selena stuck close to Sonny and even offered to pay for their ice creams. 

"This should cheer you up." Sonny told Selena delicately, making sure she wouldn't feel too much in shock, even if he didn't understand her experience in the market earlier.

Selena smiled softly, and ate some of her ice cream, the sugar would help her to calm down.

"Next time, when they have it, I'd like to try that chocolate mint flavor." Sonny said, walking and licking his ice cream.

Selena smiled softly, she held hers out towards him. "Have a try."

"Oh, I couldn't." Sonny smiled apologetically.

"I insist." Selena said.

Sonny smiled and traded ice cream with her, licking and giggling. "Ooh, that's good... Thank you..." he licked some more, then stopped himself. "Oh, sorry Selena, here..."