chapter 18

LP came over to her baby sister. "Hey, come here... Why are you so scared about being little again?" 

"I'm staying up here a little... and I don't know... I know I have to return to normal, but it's scary." Joey whimpers.

"Why are you so scared?" LP came closer. "Joe, you're my little sister, I promised from the day you were conceived that I would protect you and help you whenever you may need it in the best way I can... I'm a little jealous of you actually..." 

"Why are you jealous?" Joey asks, honestly confused.

"Well, because you'll be a baby again," LP smiled. "Mom and Daddy are always gonna be around you and spoil you with everything and anything you want... Growing up is hard, enjoy life while you can and make the most of it," She called Nation 'Mom' for Joey's sake since Nation was HER mother after all. 

Joey gave it thought a moment. "I don't want to be spoiled..." she mutters.

"Come on, Joey..." LP cooed. "I know I wasn't there the night you were born, but I got to hold you in my arms... I could teach you stuff... Please, Joey, we all love you the way you are, you were a little duckling and yes, you grew up into a beautiful swan princess, but you should take it one step at a time, you're amazing just the way you are..." 

Joey came down from the top of the bookshelf.

"I know it's scary, but you have a big life ahead of you and I believe in you..." LP continued, using the best advice she could give to her younger sister. "Trust me.. But no matter what, you'll always be Mom's favorite little bunny." She smiled then, hoping Joey would listen to reason. 

"Mommy loves you the same as me, you know." she says.

"Yeah, she's cool," LP smiled to her. "Umm, what's that thing Annette would always say? You need to go into the cocoon as a butterfly and come out as a caterpillar?" 

Joey giggled softly, still looking worried.

"I'll still look after you, you're my little sister," LP smiled. "Besides, you might become an aunt before you know it, even if you'll be a baby like your niece or nephew by the time they're born."

Joey hugged her. LP hugged back, smiling. Joey enjoyed the hug.

LP giggled as she sniffed a bit,. "You still smell like a baby flower bed of daisies..."

Joey giggled, smiling.

"You're still my cutie patootie," LP giggled, playing with Joey's loose curls. "You also make me think of the mermaid I saw in a movie with David after Mom and Daddy got married." 

Joey giggled.

LP then gasped, her childishness breaking out. "Joey, you're a mermaid!" 

Joey blinked. "I am?" She asks, shocked.

"Well, close enough..." LP smirked. "You're a princess like the mermaid... 'Cept you don't have a fishy tail.... I guess you're not a fish..."

Joey giggled again.

"I'm a fish..." LP put her hands under her puffed cheeks and waved her hands to look like fins.

Joey smiled fondly.

LP took Joey's hand. "Come on.. Let's go." 

Joey bit her lip, but slowly followed. 

Cosmo ran some more tests on David, his doctor instinct kicking in even if he wasn't a real doctor back on Earth, but he had Nation to blame for that. He looked very surprised at the test results since David was indeed confirmed as pregnant. "Oh, goodness..." he muttered as he saw about the baby.