chapter 14

Steve came over and started to clean up a little to pass time until his date. Miracle looked at Steve. She went up to him quietly. Steve kept cleaning, then smiled as he looked over his shoulder to see Miracle.

"I, uh, have a qvuestion to ask..." she says quietly.

"What is it?" Steve asked as he sat on the couch and allowed her to sit with him.

"The tvins vant to see Janet... They really do can't this... Can ve?" Miracle asks softly.

Steve's expression softened. "I'm not sure, dear... I haven't seen Janet since I won custody of the twins... She might not be in good enough condition... I haven't spoken to her since." 

"They said they didn't care vhat she is like, they vant to see her..." Miracle says softly.

Steve looked to her. "Let me try to find her, if I can and get contact with her, the twins can meet her."

Miracle nodded, that was fair.

"I can't make any promises, but I will get on it..." Steve nodded back.

Miracle nodded.

Steve smiled small to the girl. "You're a good woman, your family must feel very lucky."

Miracle smiled softly.

It was later time on Earth and Steve had announced he was going out to meet Judy, he didn't realize this though, but he forgot his tiny box and was already on his way to the car.

"Bye, Uncle Steve!" Mark and Sara called, waving him good-bye with Miracle in between them.

Miracle had a little tidy and found the box. Steve waved to his niece and nephew and started to drive off. Miracle ran out with the ring box. 

"Miracle, where are you going?" Sara called out.

"It's a suicide mission!" Mark called, sounding excited, but had a worried look on his face.

Steve kept driving, then saw Miracle coming and stopped the car. "What's wrong?" He looked to her.

"Y-You...forgot... the ring..." Miracle pants.

"Oh," Steve hit his forehead playfully and smiled, taking it. "Thank you... Must've been forgetful nerves. Thank you kindly." 

Miracle smiled, heading back. Mark and Sara looked to Miracle when Steve went to drive over to Judy's place to pick her up and then take her out for dinner. Miracle smiled. Mark and Sara went back inside with Miracle. 

"Soooo, what're we gonna do?" Mark asked, sounding bored.

"Use our imaginations!" Sara beamed.

"Boring." Mark narrowed his eyes.

Miracle gave a thought. "Ve could go out for a valk." she suggests.

Mark shrugged. "Beats sitting around here all day."

"I'll be right there, I just need to get my hat first." Sara said, going inside her uncle's house.

Miracle nodded. She then looked worried.

"What's up with you?" Mark looked to Miracle.

"Something is wrong..." she says quietly.

Mark looked at her, wondering what she was going on about. "If this is about Uncle Steve and that Judy lady..."

Sara came back with her white hat which looked just like the hat Janet wore to Betty and Ralph's wedding.

"It's not..." she says softly.