chapter 17

Frank smiled, he knew this was temporary, but he tried to be mature about it and not think Joey was actually growing up to 'leave the metaphorical nest'. "My little girl became a woman... It seems like only yesterday, we were picking daisies in your grandmother's garden together..." 

Joey giggled. "It was only yesterday." she smiled.

Nation chuckled.

"Well it feels like a long time ago..." Frank's eyes could only match a puppy's innocence. "Soon you'll be finding your soul mate and live happily ever after like your big brother and sister."

Joey hugged him. 

Frank smiled, then lightly stroked her hair. "No matter how old you are, I am always going to love you." 

Joey blushed happily.

Frank kissed her cheek, smiling, and gave his girl her teddy. "Here, dear." 

Joey hugged the teddy. Frank smiled, knowing that would make her feel at least bit better in the situation. Joey smiled happily.

"Your Uncle Cosmo made you some new clothes for when you're old enough to fit into them." Frank smiled.

Joey smiled. "Bet I'm too big at the moment." she laughs.

Frank chuckled in agreement. "Yes, I'm afraid so, but don't worry, we'll get you back, honey bunches."

Joey smiled.

"They're red and black." Frank smiled. 

Joey looked excited. Frank smiled wide at her excitement, his hands shaking wonderfully. Joey hugged her parents. Frank and Nation happily hugged back.

Brad came over to Miracle. "Thank you so much for bringing me my children back... I need to know, whatever happened to Janet? Is she dead? Does she live with her parents now? I have to know... What happened to my once true love..." He then caught a glimpse of Sonny, recognizing him and remembered something that made him angry. 

Miracle smiled at Brad then noticed his anger. "Calm down~" she soothes, trying to pull his attention away from Sonny.

Brad shut his eyes and counted to ten aloud, then calmed down as he got down to the last three numbers and opened his eyes. "Sorry about that..." he said, a little bit in zen now.

Miracle nodded. She gave the man a calming hug.

"Sorry about that, had a flashback..." Brad said softly. "Janet and I had a big history after the castle exploration and moving into the TV Station to be Farley's 'test monkeys'."

"It's okay, Brad." she soothes.

"Would you like to hear about it?" Brad offered.

Brad sat with Miracle. "Well... After Janet and I escaped, and Dr. Scott had died, we got into a messy argument... Also, Janet found out she was pregnant and she went to her parents for a while. It didn't end very well for her as her parents didn't accept her being pregnant without being married, but since they knew how much she loved me, they accepted it and I stayed over for most of the time to spend more time with Janet and fix our marriage and checked in with Ma and my brother from time to time. One day, Janet's water broke, a bit quicker than we expected instead of the occasional nine months we're all familiar with. Luckily, I was there for the day and quickly called on the phone for the doctor, but a doctor couldn't make it on time and the baby had been born in Janet's childhood bedroom, wrapped in one of her old blankets her grandmother sewn for her."

Miracle nodded softly, taking his hand in a friendly gesture. At least it was just friendly to her.

Brad smiled gently, before he continued. "Sonny had been born... I wasn't thinking right back then, I was just too mad at Janet, I was positive that Frank person was the father, I mean, those eyes and the way he smiles... So, without thinking, I ran away, but it had become a lot rougher on Janet due to the incident... She was alone with a baby and not even her best friend Betty would back her up because she had cheated on me with Frank first and then Rocky, I gave into Frank too, but he had come for Janet first, wouldn't you get mad if, I dunno, Cosmo cheated on you with someone before they'd come for you?"