chapter 9

Selena gave a gasp at the sudden call.

"Um... Just a minute!" Sonny called then turned to the group. "Oh, man, what am I gonna do with you guys?" he sounded panicked.

Joey stopped crying but whimpered and almost restarted hearing DeLordy speak. DeLordy growled and walked off, trying to find a tissue once his nose started bleeding.

"What's going on, hon?" Frank asked, in his dragon robe with his hair done in feathers and didn't have makeup on his face, feeling naked and vulnerable.

Nation looked at him. "A servant found DeLordy in here with Joey, and he kept her safe until I got there" she told her husband.

Joey was sniffling and looked at her father with her wide wet eyes. She then jolted at the noise of the alert. Riff growled slightly at the interruption but slipped on a coat to answer the call. Magenta was also angered with the interrupting and slid on her fluffy black robe to cover her undergarments and followed Riff Raff to answer.

"Oh, good, that servant is always so loyal." Frank smiled with a relieving sigh and tickled Joey a bit to soothe her crying. He jolted from the alert too and cuddled his daughter. "I know that's scary at first, but I promise it won't hurt you."

Nation went to answer their call too.

Joey snuggled up to her dad. She was curious of the feathers too and pulled one out and looked at it.

"Fluffy, isn't it?" Frank asked her, comforting her with a charming smile.

Joey went to put it in her mouth, it looked yummy to her. The baby changed her mind and started to wave the feather instead.

"No, no, that is not for eating," Frank lightly told her then smiled as she waved the feather. "Okay, you can play with that one right now."

Joey giggled as she waved it. She squealed with laughter as the feather flew out of her hand and then floated around. Frank laughed with her a little bit and made funny faces as he wondered where everyone else was. Joey looked at her dad smiling.

Frank smiled and nuzzled Joey's nose. "You're my pretty little girl... Yes you are! Yes you are!"

Joey giggled adorably. She loved her dad, obviously she would be more of a daddy's girl but just slightly more so than a mummy's girl. Frank loved spending his time with Joey. He was still going to miss his mother, but his baby girl kept him happy and preoccupied. He just hoped that she wouldn't become an angst teenager or turn against him, ending up a spoiled, rotten brat, but he was sure that would not be likely to happen. Joey blew a bubble and giggled again.

"Silly goose." Frank chuckled, lying her down a minute and heard the others on their way to see him.

Nation smiled at them, then signed out to go and check on Frank and Joey. The baby looked at the stars on the hanging mobile above her bed with interest. Frank smiled at Joey, then left to get changed and put on his evening makeup. He then spotted Nation from the corner of his eye and smiled with delight.

Nation smiled at Frank. "Feeling better, my love?" she asked, softly.

Joey was too engrossed in her stars to recognize her mother at the moment.

"Yes, a lot," Frank said to her. "I am going to miss my mother once her time comes, but now it's my turn to be the doting parent. My mother has spoiled me so much that I couldn't function as a parent and adult, I spoiled Little Precious, but at the same time I had hurt her, because I thought that's how you would raise daughters, seeing as my mother would hurt my sister to get her to do as told. She always told her to never speak out of turn..." Frank frowned, realizing he was following the wrong example of 'parent school'.