CHAPTER 10 - GEO

I meant for it as a joke, but as soon as I sat inside Ali's car, I had a weird feeling – I brush it off as Ali settles inside the car and moved out of the lot.

It was less than a fifteen minute drive, but Ali was so insistent we listen to Sleepless City and because I'm a cocky bastard who won't pass up any chance to impress women, I play it. The drive was quiet, with only my podcast voice in the background; before we turn the corner to Rustic, I couldn't take it anymore.

"It's okay if you don't like it, I mean, it's not a big deal."

Ali nibbled on her bottom lip as she steers the car to a stop in front of Rustic, "It's good, Geo. I'll listen to it more, plus it doesn't hurt that you have a sexy bedroom voice" she teased, but I see her cheeks color. "I'm sure a lot of women in the city will swoon over you if they knew you're behind this".

I stare at her with a knowing smile, "It's cool, princess. I have enough women coming at me, no need to add the podcast to the list of amazing things about me".

That earned me a laugh; I remove my seatbelt and leaned to kiss her on the lips. Yes, I might have lingered a bit longer; I couldn't get enough of the softness of her lips. I realized I must have been keeping her, so I sighed and start to move out of the car when Jill appeared behind me.

"Hi, Ali! Come on inside, I'll bring you donuts and coffee" she offered enthusiastically, making me jump at her excitement.
None of my hook ups knew that my family owns Rustic, so I honestly don't have a problem bringing them here for a quick breakfast, but I already fed Ali breakfast, I don't want her to think I'm being clingy. I pull lightly on Jill's arm, "Jill, come on. She has places to go, things to do".

Jill faced me, "Oh nonsense, Geo. Don't be rude, you can't just send her away" she insisted.

I hear Ali laugh, "Sure, I won't pass up the idea of free donuts!" she replied, to me she said, "Try to act at least a bit happy, Geo. It's just donuts then you'll be rid of me".

I watch Ali park her car, finding myself ensuring that she's actually staying for donuts. I follow Jill inside who immediately went behind the counter to prepare Ali's snack; I make my way to the office to place my stuff.

When I got back out, I saw her laughing with Jill, leaning on the counter exposing her legs for days. I move my eyes on her soft skin, remembering the things we did last night, and I feel myself get hard. Oh god, Geo. Get yourself together, you're in a goddamn café. I busy my mind with new recipes I want to try out, just to get rid of my hardness; once I feel my blood settle, I walk over to where they were and lean on the counter beside Ali.

I watch Ali, drink her in; took note of how the soft waves of her hair fall over her shoulder. I study her profile, following the trail of freckles under her nose, light enough you only see those under this kind of sunlight glow. Remembering how soft her lips felt on my body last night, when she turned to me, "Picture, pretty boy" she teased.

I think this will be an ongoing thing for us – I stop myself with that thought, it's not a thing because this was just a one-time arrangement and we had good, no, an amazing time together. I laugh and notice how Jill is side-eyeing me with a knowing smile.

"I think I'll take you up on that," I dared, pulling out my phone from my back pocket and opening the camera.
She smiled with a shake of her head before looking straight to the camera. When I study the photo, my breath hitched, she was breathtakingly beautiful and surprisingly fitting in Rustic.

"Hey," she called, "is it that bad? Let me see".

I cleared my throat, "No, it's not. Sorry, I just saw a message pop up and got distracted" I lied.