CHAPTER 27 - ALI

Geo sat across from me while I go back to the kitchen to get syrup and pour myself coffee. When I sat back, he was on the phone checking his email.

"Do you need to work today?" I ask before spreading syrup over my pancakes.

He looked up and reached for the syrup, "No, I told mom I wanted to spend time with you today. Patrick will cover for me, that's Jill's boyfriend" he replied.

I automatically felt guilty that he felt obliged to skip work because of me. As he chews on a piece, he looked at me, "What?"

"Nothing, I don't think you should skip work because of me. I can wait for you to come home, you know?" I say, starting on my breakfast.

"Ali, I never take a day-off from work until now. Plus, Patrick wanted to help around too, he hasn't been around the cafe much since he got promoted last summer."

Geo gave me a smile and I didn't want to argue anymore, if he said it's fine then okay. After breakfast, he played some lo-fi music from his Spotify while he washes the dishes and I take a shower. When I came out, he was settling in on the couch to read so I brought my laptop out to the living room and sat on the floor to do a bit of the panels for Scouts Honor. They weren't due yet but I was feeling inspired and artsy, so I decided to start on it.

Geo and I were quietly preoccupied, but every now and then we'll find ourselves checking in on each other, which I found relaxing and sweet. By lunch time, Geo stood up and prepared us food in the kitchen, he said he'll cook chili.

"Those look nice, but I realized you're giving me spoilers" he said after an hour when he sat beside me, with mixed emotions on his face.

I laugh, "Don't look then? Or maybe I should stop drawing while I'm here?" I offered, starting to close the laptop.

"No" his hand quickly shot out to stop me, "I didn't mean it like that. I was just thinking out loud, I'm sorry" he says with a defeated voice.

I moved the laptop away and held his face with both my hands, "Babe, what's wrong? It's fine. These are advance sketches, I can work on them when I get back to the penthouse."

"Ali, I don't want you to think I'm not supportive. I'm still coming into terms with knowing I'm living with the artist of my favorite graphic novel series. I'm proud of you and I have decided that no matter how many times I get spoilers, I will always choose that just to have you near."

I let out a nervous laugh because he was so sincere, "Like now? You just decided that now, I mean."

"Stop teasing me" he groans, scratching his head, "let's go eat before it gets cold."

After lunch, we baked the Banana bread that I requested. To be honest, I don't think I can replicate it by myself, but I highly enjoyed it because I had so much fun with Geo. He kept on making silly faces while I was mashing the banana, and it took us longer to finish than normal because we couldn't stop laughing.

I'll be staying one more night before going home, and we spent the rest of the day book shopping. It's so nice to share the same interests with the person you love because you enjoy doing the same activities! We also decided to do a quick book swap where he will pick out a book for me that I've never read and I will do the same, after a week or so, we'll discuss if we liked the books or not.

The days that follow thanksgiving were blissful; Geo came with me to our family dinners, and my dad was more than delighted with the treats he brought. Geo even spent a lot of evenings with my brothers, inviting them over to his place for boy's night – where they just play video games and watch NBA drinking beer – yes, I know because men often times are predictable like that.

One of the best days I've had with Geo was when we recorded an episode of Sleepless City, where I guested, which later on turned into a mind blowing and steaming shower sex. Sex. I am convinced I've never had it correctly until I had one with Geo, he's an amazing lover and most importantly, he's a good listener. We have fun together, but he's the kind of man who can keep up a mature and sensible conversation; our relationship is nothing short of perfect.

***