CHAPTER 28 - GEO

R-18. Matured Scenes.

Ali and I were on the couch, fully clothed, mind you, when she handed me the invitation to Charlie's wedding. At this point, I have a healthy relationship with Ali and her family – I've had her brothers over a couple of times for a boy's night, where we play video games and watch NBA, drinking beer, I'm sure it drives Ali and Lucy crazy not knowing what we do during said nights because we made a pact to never tell.

The wedding's in two days, but they're flying out a day early to help with the preparations. I, on the other hand, will be sitting on a four-hour drive to New Jersey because there's a lot to do at Rustic – even though mom insisted that she and Jill can handle it.

It's our last night together before she leaves, and we're spending it debating if physical books will be obsolete because of e-readers – to this I say, "No way, Ali. No one can top the satisfaction of turning an actual page, smelling the books, the full reader experience".

Ali turns the thought in her mind, "But we're in the age of technology and convenience; let's not kid ourselves and be honest here, no one will prefer to travel around with a heavy book, especially if you can have a hundred books stored into a compact item".

She stumped me there a little, and all I can reply was, "Babe, you work in a publishing house, why are you supporting e-readers?"

Ali tipped her head back with laughter, "First of all, I don't support e-readers alone – the question was about the possibility of books going obsolete and yes, it's a possible. Second, don't trip, you own a kindle, which I know for a fact you read on."

I watch her eyes gleam of wickedness, knowing she's got me there. I open my mouth to say something, then close it, as I groan in frustration. "Whatever. I'm ordering us pizza because I refuse to cook for you".

"Don't be a sore loser," she teased as I stand up from the couch. This woman is relentless as I reach for my phone, and she hops on my back, kissing my neck.

"Baby, stop. I'm ordering dinner" –not really, please continue. I dial and wait for the ring, "cut it out, Ali".

Ali giggled, "Stop being difficult then" she demanded.

As soon as the line clicked, she hopped off and went to watch TV. I can't believe this was what I signed up for when I asked her to be my girlfriend. After consuming two boxes of pizza – damn we can eat, Ali answered emails from her professors, while I read The Stand. We were sitting on opposite ends of the couch, her legs extending all over my thighs, as I mindlessly stroke her legs stopping only to turn a page.

"Baby" she purred, closing her laptop. Ali bends over to insert herself between my face and the book, wetting her lips. She settles on my lap as she removes my glasses.

"Ali" I warned.

"What?" she asks, kissing my neck and blowing on my ear which we both found out earlier to turn me on more than anything else.

I close my eyes and submit to her seduction, but when she started palming my dick, I stopped her. "We can't. Remember, I told you no funny business tonight?"

Ali pouts and crosses her arms; I hug her and place a chaste kiss on her cheek. "I remember you saying that, what I want to know is why?"

When I hesitated, her eyes grew big, "Did you bet my brothers about this during one of your boys' night?" using air quotes as she say boys' night.

I shudder in fear and discomfort, "Ali, why would I bet about that? Much less with your brothers?" Her eyes stay on me as I continue, "Also, you don't know what goes down during boys' night".