Almost Dead & Gone

*Draco's POV*
Soon, me and McGonagal had got to Hogwarts. I followed him into his office.

"What are we doing here?" I asked?

"I'm afraid we have some truly awful news." Dumbledore's portrait said. "You haven't heard from your parents in a while, correct?"

"Yes. That's true." I answered. 'What was going on!?'

"I'm afraid something terrible has happened. I'm afraid they have been kidnapped and have been cursed the same way the Longbottom's have been. I'm sorry."

It took me a minute to process what he had said, and when I did, I broke down. I sobbed and sobbed and sobbed. I cried for a long time, not caring that McGanagal and Dumbledore were watching me. As I cried, I was thinking: how could this have happened to my father? I could care less about him, though. I just thought he was locked up in Azkaban. I would have rather him had a Kiss instead of being ripped apart everyday and still getting the joy of living.

But my mother. Why her? She never did anything wrong. Everyday, my father cursed her. Everyday, I'd hear his voice in my head, screaming "Cruccio!" as my mother screamed and was forced to obey. She did everything for him and me. And now she's gone.

My hiccuping sobs filled the room.

"I never even got to say goodbye." I sobbed into my robes.

"Here" McGonagal handed me a handkerchief. "Don't ruin your robes."

"My robes!" I bellowed at her! "My parents are dead and all you can worry about are my ROBES?"

At this, I stalked out of the room. Then, I realized I had no idea where the Prefect Dorms were.

Embarrassed, I slowly walked back into McGonagal's office.

"Um..." I said sheepishly "where exactly ARE the prefect dorms?"

McGonagal smiled. "The Room of Requirement. There will be a portrait of Professor Snape. The password is 'lily'."

I figured out why immediately. Snape had fancied Harry's mother, Lily, as a child. She got angry when he tried to hex James and broke up with him.

"Thanks. And uh..." I began, "sorry about before."

"It's quite alright." she said. "I understand. You're dismissed"

"Before I go," I said. "May I ask who the other head prefect is?"

"You'll find out soon enough" she answered.

'Oh well' I thought as I left.