Chapter 16

TW: swearing and violence

Luz walked towards them, her hands balled into fists. She looked ready to kill, and she probably was. She stared at Mattholomule's annoyed face, a red rage swelling up inside of her.

"You heard me... get the fuck away," she shouted, about to bare down on the construction witch.

Mattholomule smirked, before stepping away from the youngest Blight and backing towards a corner. Amity immediately fell to the floor, her face flooded with tears. Luz ran over to her and lifted her gently into her arms.

"Luz..." she cried. "You shouldn't be here... you shouldn't have come... I..."

Luz shook her head, staring down at the weeping witch.

"Amity what did you expect! I would never leave you! God I was worried sick... what the hell did he do to you..." she said angrily, seeing the blood that caked Amity's clothes.

"Oh it wasn't me human..." he chuckled. "I warned her... but still she fought me, at least she tried to. It was her own stupidity not..."

Luz jumped at him, pinning him down against the hard concrete floor.

"YOU SICK BASTARD! YOU DID THIS, AND YOU'RE BLAMING HER? YOU KIDNAPPED HER, BROKE HER AND THEN YOU HAD THE AUDACITY TO KISS HER, NOT ONCE BUT TWICE! SO DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT ANY OF THIS WAS HER FAULT! God, I'm going to hurt you to the point that you wish you were dead..."

Maybe Mattholomule hadn't heard her correctly, because he began to laugh, harder and harder, his hands shaking beneath Luz's grip.

"That face..." he laughed. "Oh how I longed to see your pained face. You took everything away from me! I was only returning the favour... After all, she is your everything isn't she?"

Luz's face dropped, as she turned around to look at the green-haired witch. She stared at Luz, confused, as if asking her the same question. She was distracted... Mattholomule sent a kick hurtling right into Luz's stomach, causing her to growl in pain as he slipped from her grasp. Luz rolled over onto her side, pulling out a single fire glyph and sending it hurtling in his direction. The spell caught him off guard, sending him flying backwards, his hair beginning to catch alight. He yelled, frantically trying to put out the flames. It didn't take long before he was back on his feet, a sly grin on his face.

"Alright, my turn..." 

He brought his hands onto the ground, causing the building to shake. He laughed as pieces of the warehouse collapsed around them, one almost swiping Luz's head clean off. Amity was on her feet, trying to limp over to where Luz stood, her hands raised, ready to cast a spell. She stood beside Luz, shakily trying to draw a spell circle, only to produce a single flame, before grabbing her arm and wincing. Mattholomule chuckled.

"Is that all you've got Blight? You're weak..." he laughed, before becoming a victim of yet another of Luz's fire glyphs.

"Alright then, let's see how you fight Mattholomule... I've been missing a bit of action lately..."

Mattholomule smirked, a ball of orange light hovering above his hand.

"My pleasure..." he said, hurtling the ball towards Luz.

She jumped to the side, pushing Amity out of the way, causing her to winch in pain, as a tower of crates exploded behind them.

"Oh god Ams, I'm sorry..." Luz apologized, gently trying to help Amity her feet, but she was pushed away.

"Luz, it's okay, concentrate," she ordered, before pointing towards another ball of lights heading straight towards them. "DUCK!" she yelled.

The girls dove behind a nearby box, earning another round of snickers from Mattholomule.