Chapter 2 || Didn't See That Coming

Your POV

I wake up in glass box.

"Another cell...great."

"You're awake! Good."

Stark's voice. Only he isn't in that suit anymore. He is shorter than I thought.

"You must be Stark. The boss."

He chuckles, "Actually he's the boss. I just pay for everything and design everything, make everyone look cooler."

Tights. He walks over to my cell and stares me down.

"What's your name?"

I don't speak. I don't owe them anything. All they have caused is destruction. I heard about Sokovia being destroyed. Ultron wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for Stark. Lascombe told me that after they killed Strucker. He caused it, and because of him an entire city, peoples' homes were completely destroyed. Kids were traumatized. The Avengers are a sickness that needs to be taken care of.

"Fine. You won't talk to us? We'll find someone you will talk to. Get her in here."

Who the hell do they think I'll talk to? Then she walks in. Wanda, from what I can remember.

"Leave us," She says and the two men glance at each other, then shrug as they walk out.

"Be careful Wanda."

She looks over at Tights with a tight lipped grin, "Thanks Steve."

Once they're gone she sighs and looks at me, eyes narrowing as she tilts her head curiously.

"You didn't see that coming."

Now it's my turn to tilt my head. What's she getting at?

"My brother used to say that a lot. You...You said 'guess I didn't see that coming'. It just. I don't know. Just kind of-I don't even know why I'm telling you this."

She laughs as she holds her head in disbelief of herself. I can see the tears already forming in her sweet green eyes. I notice that her hands start to glow red a bit but she shakes them off and sits down in a chair, burying her face in her hands. Her brother. Me saying that reminded her of her brother...and by the looks of her reaction to her explaining it, I can assume he's dead. Meaning he was one of the twins...I learned that saying from the male twin so it has to be him, right? 

She's one of the twins. I wasn't allowed out with them that day for the mission, Strucker said I was a secret still, no one knew about me, and he wanted to keep it that way. They used to work for Hydra. He was the fast one...we used to train together since we both are fast. He was one of my friends, well, my only friend. When I knew that he died, I went to find Strucker and demand answers but by the time I got there it was too late. The twins weren't ready, they weren't supposed to fight yet. But then again, knowing him, I knew that he left to fight without permission. He was always the risk-taker, always up for a good challenge, it's what I loved about that little speed demon. His name was,

"Pietro."

She freezes in her position and slowly lifts her head to look at me, tears staining her pained face as she lets out a hoarse, "What?"

"Your brother, Pietro. He was your twin. The fast one, right?"

She stands up now and walks over, her hands on the glass of my cell now.

"You know him...well-"

"Knew him, yes. He was my friend."

Now she becomes even more confused than she was when I first spoke. I sigh and chuckle, looking at the ground.

"We uh. We trained together. Strucker gave us similar abilities. So he trained us together. He would talk about you, always said that you guys were twins but technically he was 12-" ''12 minutes older than me."

"Right...I'm Y/N, by the way."

"Wanda."

I knew that already but with her saying it with that accent, damn. It sounds so beautiful. I wonder what my name off her lips would sound like...

Her face was now bright with a wide grin as tears continue to drip from her beautiful eyes. Seeing that smile, it did remind me of him. Pietro and I, we got along really well. At first, not so much, but considering he was the only person I had to talk to outside of Strucker, we bonded fast. I remember how he would talk about Wanda, saying how strong she is but that she doesn't know just how strong she is. He would always tell me how she loved sit-coms, every week her, Pietro and their parents would have tv night where they'd watch American sit-coms to help them learn English.

"Tell me more about him...your time with my brother."

She sits on the floor and I join her, the glass the only thing separating us. So I start to, I talk about our sessions together, the jokes we would make, the way he talked so highly of her. Every sentence brought more tears to her eyes and I found myself not being able to look away. She looks stunning.

"Why were you there in the first place? With Strucker...Hydra."

I furrow my eyebrows at the sudden change of pace. I was actually enjoying reminiscing about my old friend. And she ruined the moment.

"You almost had me."

I blink the forming tears for Pietro away from my eyes and stand up, laughing as I walk towards the opposite end of the cell.

"It was just a question."

"Sure, but given the fact that it's a stupid question, I don't feel the need to answer it."

Her eyebrows raise up before she scoffs, wiping the tears away from her face while walking towards the door. I eye her down suspiciously, "What are you doing?"

"Plan B."

She enters my cell and walks towards me.

"This will only take a second."

Before I can process anything she lets little red wisps come from her hand and go into my head. I start seeing flashes of memories, but a lot are ones that I don't even recognize...a room...a boy laughing...a car...a crash...a guy with a metal arm...my mom and dad...wait, I knew them? Strucker told me I was in the system my entire life until he found me.

I return back to the cell and shove Wanda away from me, feeling overwhelmed with emotions.

"What the hell did you do to me?"

She looks just as lost as I feel right now. She stares at me with wide eyes, "Oh my God."

"Get out of here before I throw you through the fucking wall. NOW!" My eyes glow blue as my powers emerge and she quickly leaves, locking the door behind her. I grunt and walk around the cell, banging on the walls as I do so. I sort through whatever memories I just saw...I saw me with my parents...A kid...I think he was my brother. His face looks familiar.

What the hell did that witch do to me?