Chapter 31 || Date Night

Your POV

"Don't let your guard down," Wanda says as she throws another blast at me. I dodge it and shoot one at her but she deflects it and flies up, then bullets herself down at me. Super speeding away, I make a lasso out of my blue energy and catch her ankle with it.

She lets out a squeal while I tug her down to me, catching her in my arms. Releasing a breath of surprise, her eyes meet mine with the smile of a little kid in a candy store, breathing coming to a slow as she relaxes in my grip.

"Could say the same for you Maximoff."

With a sly grin, I lean down to place a quick kiss on her soft and sweet lips. However, upon pulling away, she just grabs my shirt and pulls me back down so that our lips connect with more force this time.

"Glad to see you two finally figured things out."

Tony walks outside onto the grass with Steve by his side, smiling cheekily at us. I place Wanda on her feet and we walk towards my brother and Steve. I snag Tony's bag of chips while Wanda questions what he means by that.

"Well it's not like we all don't see you two stripping each other naked during dinner."

Steve rolls his eyes at Tony's inappropriate comment and offers up a supportive smile, "what he means to say, is that we all notice how you two look at each other and how you act around one another. We are happy you found your way."

Feeling a pair of eyes on me with most likely that adorable yet dorky smile, I roll my eyes and toss a chip at her head.

"Eyes off Red Eyes. No sappy shit in front of Freezer Burn and Optimus Prime."

Patting the two men's shoulders I push passed them, only to hear Tony shouting at me from behind.

"Hey I am way cooler than a Transformer!"

I keep walking but stop in my tracks, then stare Wanda down.

"What?" She questions but I just shrug, smirking at her devilishly.

"Put something nice on, be ready by 6."

"For...what, exactly?"

Tony and Steve stare at me with knowing smirks, Tony's wide and proud as he watches the scene unfold in front of himself.

"For our date."

*       *       *

"Where exactly are you taking me?"

I tell Friday to take the wheel as I turn towards her.

"Now if I told you it would really be a surprise now would it?"

She rolls the window down, letting the wind move her hand in a wave-like motion. I let the music fill my ears as I watch the way her eyes absorb our surroundings, the trees, the clouds above, the cars passing by. We've been driving for a few hours now, but we reach the busy street. Wanda's eyes are wide with amazement at the bright lights and tall towers.

"New York City?"

"That is correct. But we will not be paying a visit to what is...left of the Avengers' tower." She giggles while unbuckling. I get out and super speed to her side, opening her door for her.

I tell Friday to park the car in one of Tony's garage's in the city and the car disappears.

I take in Wanda's hand and spin her, tugging her towards me for a short kiss. While it may be short, my lips can still feel hers curling upwards in glee. Giggling, she pulls away and kisses my cheek.