Chapter 21 || Ready To Comply

Wanda POV

Rubble is surrounding me, I just finished getting the last group of people to safety. I am trying to regain my strength from using up so much energy. When I turn to find the team, something presses to my forehead and I am instantly met with unbearable pain. I swat at the device on my head but feel like my vision is disappearing, my legs are giving out. All I can see and feel is pain, shocks vibrating through me.

I shoot up with a gasp for air, grabbing at my head to touch the device but nothing's there.

"Hey hey! You're alright."

My eyes land on Natasha who's shaking her leg while holding my hand. Something's wrong. Y/N. She should be here.

"Where is she? Where's Y/N?"

Nat opens her mouth, then closes it as she hangs her head in despair. I shake my head, trying to pretend that what I heard didn't happen, that she didn't give herself up, that she didn't let Rumlow take her.

"No. No," I whine and see Steve walk in. Instantly I stand up and use my powers to choke him, "you promised. You said you'd protect her. You lied to me."

My voice is hoarse but my powers are starting to build up in strength the more angry I get. My mind flashes through the memories, Y/N taking a bullet for me, the shock device, feeling nothing but pain when it shatters my every thought, tears me apart, carries through my veins. I see Y/N catching me in her arms, sacrificing herself for me, for all of us. Steve picking me up, the jet, hearing Nat screaming to go back, hearing her pained sobs. Y/N's gone. She gave herself up.

"I'm sorry...I know." Steve gasps out weakly, not even trying to fight back until Tony walks in and tells me to release him. Him and Bruce check my vitals and once I'm set, I charge my way into my room, ignoring everyone.

My door slams behind me as I make my way to my bed, throwing on The Office as I focus on my surroundings. Tony said I was out for two weeks, they have no leads on where Y/N is, and Rumlow is off the grid. They can't find shit on him.

"Come on, Y/N." I close my eyes and focus, trying to feel for her. I focus on her mind, how it felt to feel her, I focus as best as I can. That's when I feel a large surge of energy and pain shoot through me. Electrical currents. I shriek and feel arms around me as I continue screaming, reaching and clawing at my head.

"Wanda! Hey! Snap out of it!"

When I see my room again, Nat is holding my hands tightly in hers, eyes wild with concern. Mine quickly fill up with tears while I shake my head, looking at the ground.

"She's in pain. They're torturing her."

"How do you know?" She asks, but she already knows. She's just scared for it to be confirmed, scared to know that the girl she loves is crying out in pain, is practically dying all because she sacrificed herself for us.

"I can feel her pain," I whisper and that's enough for her to join me in my fit of tears. It's in that moment that I realize her love for Y/N. She loves her just as much as I do. We are both just too scared to admit it. Instead of starting up some awkward conversation, I just reach over and grab Natasha's hand, continuing our silent sit.

Your POV

I scream for what feels like the millionth time this past month. My body is shaking from the shocks going through me. I try to focus, hold onto everything in my head. I can't let them get to me, not again. They wiped my memories once. They can't do it again.

I'm hooked up to a machine, it's big, part of it covers a side of my face, feeling as if it's melting my brain.

"What do you want from me," I groan out when the pain dies down and my breathing levels off.