Chapter 27 || Telepathy Sucks

Your POV

"You need to focus."

I groan while I stare across the room, focusing on Tony, trying to read his mind. But of course, I can't do it. I whine as I drop my hands to my lap, "this is useless! How come I can hear so much but when I actually try to read someone's mind, it doesn't work?! Telepathy sucks."

The Sokovian giggles beside me while she sucks down on the milkshake I bought her. Glad to see one of us is enjoying this training.

"You're trying too hard, just focus on whoever's mind you want to read and imagine yourself inside their head."

"Oh yeah? It's really that easy?"

It goes silent for a moment until I feel her smiling beside me. When I turn to look at her, I notice her eyes changing back from her scarlet right before she leans in to kiss me.

"Yes it is. Easy enough to know that you've been waiting to do that since this morning. Don't doubt me Stark."

I pull my lips inward, trying to taste her lipstick again before she forces me to continue training. That's when the volume maximizes again. The thoughts are loud, almost eardrum bursting loud. I can hear thoughts of worry, of pain, of lust, of joy, of determination. I can hear past conversations going on a loop in someone's head. I'm hearing every single person at the compound's thought and I don't know how to stop it.

My hands clamp over my ears as I start to whimper, shaking my head to stop it.

"Shut up!"

"Y/N? Hey," Wanda places her hand on my arm, trying to get me to look at her but I can't. I keep shaking my head, trying to block everyone's thoughts out until Wanda forces me to look at her now. I gulp when my eyes lock onto hers.

All the thoughts start to die down except for just a few. Hers. I'm focusing on just her, I can only hear her.

Suddenly it's like I have tunnel vision and it's locked on Wanda Maximoff.

"Good, just focus on me, that's all you gotta do. Channel your mind to mine. You're doing great."

She starts breathing in a specific pattern, one that I get the hint she wants me to mirror, soo I do. I follow along in her trail until I can feel everything relax, all the thoughts go away with the closer Wanda and I get to one another until it all comes to a halt when our foreheads lean against one another's.

"Now, tell me what you feel," she whispers.

I stare down at her eyes, then down to her lips.

"W-Wanda I um..." I gulp down a huge ass lump in my throat while trying to grab at some or any form of oxygen. She smiles gently, hands going around the back of my head, feeling the warmth of our close proximity encase us in a world of our own.

A slight buzzing fills my head as it fuzzes up images of Wanda smiling, kissing me, just existing. "I just feel you," it comes out muttered, my focus isn't on my words, instead it is on her and her undefined beauty.

Ever since waking up as me again, all I want to do is be around this girl, all I want to do is kiss her and laugh with her, make her smile. She has been here with me, the past two weeks with her, training to control my newly discovered powers, meditating, and just spending time together. Nat and Steve have helped me on the strength and hand-to-hand combat front. I've noticed Nat eyeing Wanda and I down whenever we are alone together or in the kitchen or laughing. I should talk to Nat, it's not that I don't care for her, of course I do. And I know they have both been waiting for me to just choose. I'm not dumb.

But I don't know how to do that, my entire life, I only had one relationship and then I was taken by Hydra. I haven't been with anyone in years, I am not sure I even know how to be in a relationship. I know I like them both, I know that they're two completely different people and comparing them is nearly impossible, but I need to figure it out.

Being with Wanda so much lately, it makes me feel safe, happy, warm. Being around her just lifts my mood, she's beautiful and kind and funny. But she also worries. I get nervous to make her scared, I get nervous that she won't let me do things in fear I'll get hurt. She can be overprotective, like when I went on missions in the past, she threatened everyone and tried to get me to stay.

But then there's Natasha, unpredictable, passionate, funny, sarcastic. She trusts me to go on missions, she trusts me to do the best I possibly can. She doesn't go easy on me during training sessions, she's bold, knows what she wants. When I walk into a room I feel her eyes on me, and I remember the night we shared and the other moments. It was all heat, like our bodies lit up around each other. But that's just it with Nat, it feels like straight heat. She's unpredictable but I like that about her.

Then again with Wanda there's heat too. But the heat is less fiery heat like with Nat and is more passionate, emotional, almost like a log cabin fire, loving and warming. Nat is a wildfire, can go in any direction.

I glance into the compound from our spot on the balcony and see Nat leaving the training room, wiping sweat from her head. She feels someone staring and turns to meet my gaze, eyes landing on me, then traveling down my body. With a smirk, she winks as she pulls her sweaty shirt off, revealing just a sports bra. I suck in a sharp breath and break eye contact, looking back at Wanda who is focusing on moving Tony's coffee cup away from him while he reads an article. He searches for the cup, reaching for it when he finds it but Wanda moves it once again. He looks around now and spots Wanda snickering beside me, raising his arms in annoyance.

"Really Little Witch? Trying to deprive me of caffeine?"

Her giggle rings out into the air, making my heart flutter in my chest. She raises her hand in surrender, the dripping red energy wisps disappearing while she turns to look at me,

"What's on your mind?"

I love when she asks that. It tells me she isn't forcing her way in, that she isn't allowing herself to look inside my head to read my thoughts herself, she's respecting me. I can trust her. But I already knew that. Her eyes are more green in the sunlight, somewhat twinkling with the adoring smile she has on. I should tell her how I feel, tell her what I am feeling about this weird situation. But what are her feelings? Have they changed since she spewed them out before all this shit happened?

"Um...Nothing! We should just get inside, sun's setting soon." I stand up and wait for her to follow me into the compound, then excuse myself to my room where I rush into and close the door.

"Crap," I mumble and massage my temples while I pace, trying to calm my fucking thoughts down.

I'm being such an idiot. Why am I overthinking this? Wanda likes me, of course she likes me. The way she looks at me, how she acts...unless it's just our connection from the mind stone. What if that's all this is? Or what if she's just being nice?

God if anyone heard my thoughts right now I'd sound like a goddamn psychopath.

__

A/N: Damn y'all suck at making decisions.

Don't worry! :)