Chapter 5 || Memories

Your POV

They're nearly done getting whatever they need out of me, meaning making sure I won't murder them all, exactly just how much power I hold, yadda-yadda.

The only thing left standing is

"Your memories," Wanda says as she walks back over to me, leaving everyone else at the monitors. Natasha and Tony turn to us and I sigh in frustration.

"Last time-" "It was uncalled for and I apologize. But don't you want to be the Y/N that you truly are? Not one of Hydra's puppets? You know I know what that is like. Let me help you."

"Hydra was the only thing I had my entire life."

"Wrong."

We look at Tony who pulls up some sort of hologram. It's...me? But I look younger. Like a kid. Another kid appears, it's Tony. I start seeing us laughing and playing until an older man shouts at us, walking over to grab some sort of device from Tony's hands.

"What did I tell you Tony? This is not a toy. You both shouldn't be in here."

My eyes start to water up while I watch the scene unfold in front of me. The man picks me up and kisses my cheek.

"And how are you doing today Little Miss?"

The hologram disappears and Tony nods, "that's what you had. A family. You're my family, and I am yours. The only family we have left. Besides this nice little family of circus freaks."

Natasha and Banner roll their eyes while Wanda and the archer chuckle at the two's annoyance of the statement while staring at the ground, attempting to cover their tracks.

"You only believed Hydra was what you had because they stole you from me, from Mom and Dad. You're my little sister. And from what I have seen with your abilities...we need you, Y/N. So let us help."

He never breaks eye contact with me once. I hold our gaze and let my mind think hard. That hologram, it's a memory, one that I can just barely see glimpses of. I can start seeing more but they're blurry, fuzzy, beneath the surface of my subconscious. I can let Wanda in, let her bring them back...but with those memories come the harder ones. It comes with the pain, the agony, the loss, the grief, and especially the guilt of the people I have hurt, of the monster I know Hydra has been trying to make me into.

But with negatives come positives. It's all balance. Just like life. The circle of it. Everything in life needs balance. There's a fall for every rise, a victory with every failure...

I look up at Wanda and then grab Tony's hand tightly. He looks down at our hands and reveals a weak but relieved smile.

"Fine. Do it."

She takes in a deep breath and nods shakily.

"Okay."

When she places her hand on my forehead, she slowly pulls away, I can just barely see the red wisps above my eye-line until I flash into every single memory from my past.

The jokes with Tony, arguing over food, fighting over who gets to help Dad, cuddling up to Mom, playing piano with her, then the crash. I see it all. We were going to the airport...then I see him, the Winter Soldier. He killed them, but he spared me. I remember asking why he let me live.

All he did was look at me and mumble,

"Because he can use you."

I can see getting to the Hydra base. The experiments, the serum...walking on that damn runway towards the scepter. The stone came to me. I touched it and it turned yellow. And I saw something...someone.

I saw a woman. She placed her hand on my cheek with a soft smile. Her eyes were red, and she wore a scarlet outfit with a headpiece. I should've been scared but I wasn't. I felt warm. I felt safe with her.

I woke up back in my Hydra cell and never saw that stone again. Nor the woman from the vision I had.

Until now.

I come back to reality and look at everyone staring at me with curiosity. Then I look back up at Wanda whose hands are now shaking as she pulls away. She saw them too. And she saw what the stone showed me...

She saw that the stone showed me her.