Chapter 38 || Earn It

Your POV

I'm pulling a blazer over my torso when a knock rings on my door. Wanda walks in wearing one of my hoodies and leggings, back leaning against the doorframe.

"Hey," I greet and she just nods back, watching as I get dressed.

"You're signing the Accords."

I sigh as I button the blazer, observing the outfit in my full length mirror, then start pulling my hair up into a sleek ponytail.

"It's what's right, Wanda."

"To let the government control us?"

Closing my eyes in brewing frustration, I pinch the bridge of my nose, sighing.

"This isn't an argument I'm willing to have, Wanda."

"So then let's just talk." She invites herself to sit on my bed, sighing drastically as she opens her mouth to speak, then shuts it. I watch her through the mirror, seeing her eyes on me, tracing over my body until I look away and hang my head.

"Look...I was there when Charlie's mother walked up to Tony...it was heartbreaking Wands. The thought of losing someone I loved that much like that...when he was supposed to be in the hands of Earth's mightiest heroes? It's horrific. If we are just put under a little supervision then things like this could be prevented!"

"Things like me blowing up a building?"

Her voice is monotone now, her accent swirling around her words laced with venom, clearly reading into my words.

"No I-That isn't what I meant."

"To prevent things like that, that means to prevent things like what I did as well. Don't you get it? It'd be like we are at their calling. They say jump we say where."

I chuckle at the last part, to which she glares me down, "What is so funny?"

My lips curl up at her cute yet angry Sokovian accent, then breathe in to stop my laughter.

"It's 'they say jump we say how high' not 'where'."

It's silent for a moment, and I can tell that Wanda is trying to stay angry with me but she breaks her little act and bursts into a fit of laughs. I laugh with her, my hands cupping the sides of her face while I lean down to kiss her.

"It's okay my angry Sokovian girlfriend. You'll learn."

Her eyebrow raises playfully at me, "girlfriend, huh?"

Fuck.

I try to act cool, standing up straight with my arms folding over my chest. I lean back to lean on my dresser but I slip and stumble, nearly falling to the ground. Wanda cackles loudly now, only making my cheeks turn bright red in embarrassment.

"Okay okay, joke's over."

"No no. That image will forever be in my mind."

She stands up and reaches up to hold my face in her hands, going up on her toes slightly to kiss me. I give into her touch, nearly melting in her hands.

Sighing happily, we pull away and I smile gently.

"Yes I called you my girlfriend...I don't know I sorta just assumed that we were...I don't know."

With another giggle, she shakes her head, "we never made it official. But if this is you asking then..."

I quirk up an eyebrow and smirk, "that a yes then? Because I just assumed you were all mine already."

"Ohhhh okay Stark, I see how it is. Maybe you have to earn the girlfriend title."

"Oh do I now?"