Chapter 42 || Game On

Your POV

"Tony what's up?"

I can hear some dude in the background, at least I think it's a dude, he has a young voice.

"Yeah, Y/N, hi. Had a little run in with Bucky, he wasn't very pleased to see us. How's my witch doing?"

Glancing upstairs where Wanda is locked in her room I shake my head, "pissed off. Vision told her because she tried to leave."

"She didn't leave did she?"

"No, she's here. I gotta tell you To, I feel like crap doing this to her."

"I know but it's for her on safety, Y/N. You want her getting locked away with some of the world's worst villains in a high security prison?"

I sigh and squeeze the bridge of my nose with my fingers, groaning in defeat. I know she's safer here, I do. But doing this to her is killing me inside.

"Look, I know you feel bad babysitting your little girlfriend but the sooner this crap settles down and Cap gives up on his little mission, the quicker she can do what she wants."

"Mr. Stark! Is that your sister? Hi Y/N Stark! I'm Peter! Peter Parker, it's really cool to meet you! Well...kind of. I'm a big fan!"

Confused but also entertained, I chuckle, "Tony, who the hell was that?"

"That's...the kid. A new recruit. Just, I gotta go. We're both on babysitting duty today kid. Stay in touch, we're gonna need you soon. I'll send coordinates."

He hangs up and I take the opportunity to call Nat who just coughs into the other line.

"Hello to you too Romanoff. Got a cold or something?"

"More like your Winter Soldier twin choking me with a metal hand."

"What?! Are you alright? Where are you?"

"Don't worry about me. You need to get to the airport now. Steve's trying to take a chopper. He wants to take Barnes away from here so he can roam free. We can't let that happen."

"What is this, some Avengers vs Avengers face off? What about Wanda-" I get cut off by an explosion in the distance, making me jump in shock.

"Y/N? What was that?"

I sigh, "Friday, what was that?"

"A breach in the security, someone has entered the compound."

"Crap...Nat, I gotta go."

"Be careful."

"You too."

I hang up and make my way upstairs, glancing around the corner of the wall before entering. I see Vision next to Wanda, looking at the fire outside.

"What is it?" She mumbles, Vision instructs her to stay put before leaving to fly outside and check the area.

I notice someone walking in. Picking up on the arrows, I know for a fact that it's Clint. Wanda senses another presence for she uses her powers to lift the butcher knife and fly it towards his head, freezing it just centimeters before contact.

He gently pushes it aside, "Guess I should've knocked."

Sighing in relief, she relaxes, "Oh my God, what are you doing here?"

"Disappointing my kids." He shoots two arrows on each side of the room, "We were supposed to go water skiing."

Grabbing her hand, he glances at her before walking her off, "Cap needs our help, come on."