7

I didn't have time to berate the boys because some girls came to get me. They came to dress me for the wedding. I tried to deny them, but they grabbed my arms and dragged me away. I looked at the boys, pleading for them to come. They nodded and followed me to the building. They stood outside the building while I got changed.

I had to wash up since I smelt like sweat and dirt. Yuck! I scrubbed myself clean in the lake before changing. The girls did my hair and used the limited makeup to enhance my beauty. I had to hand it to them... they were gods at makeup. Given the limited selection, they really made me look beautiful.

I smiled and hugged them in thanks. They giggled and ran off. I exited to see the boys blushing. They looked away while complimenting me. I hugged and thanked them. I saw my father speaking with a man who looked straight out of a mafia movie.

I grabbed the boys and dragged them behind the building. I inquired who the man was and they explained that it was Bruno, the alpha and my soon to be husband. I glared at Gianni when he said the "h" word. I tried to formulate a mode of escape, but my mother and aunt found me.

They complimented me and told me it was time. Ugh! How can I escape this?! I swear I saw my mother crying from happiness. Back in my world, she had that reaction when I was marrying Lara. We went to my dad, who was wearing an old suit. He smiled and complimented my white dress. This dress looked like it had been handed down from the beginning of time. I gave him a forced smile before looking at Bruno.

His very essence screamed masculinity and... well, he looked like he'd be into some heavy BDSM. He smugly smiled as his eyes raked over me. Clearly, he approved of my features. Barf! I can't believe I'm about to commit adultery. Wait, is it even adultery if I'm not married in this world?

The minister was saying the vows while Bruno eyed me hungrily and I was thinking about how to avoid kissing him. Actually, do they not value mates over here? I should've been given the option to find my mate, but was that right taken from me for the betterment of the pack? I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt Bruno grab my face and crash his lips against mine.

I simply stood like a deer in headlights as his tongue explored my mouth. I felt my body ache from allowing another to touch me. Thankfully, he pulled away. I don't know how I'd have bared the pain if he kept kissing me.

The pack members cheered as Bruno lifted our entwined hands in the air. He then whispered about how much he was looking forward to tonight. I gave him a disgusted look as he bit his lip and lustfully looked at my body. I'm going to need a drink.

I was able to ditch Bruno. I saw Zayn and Jade speaking. Actually, it looked like they were flirting with each other. Eww! Yuck! That is so nasty! I heard Domenico and Bruno calling for me. I quickly hid behind Zayn and Jade. They looked at me in confusion. I used my eyes to beg them to hide me.

"Have you seen my wife? We have business to attend to." He suggestively stated.

"Ya." My breath hitched as Jade responded. "She went across the barracks." She pointed in the opposite direction. They nodded and left. "Disgusting pig." I heard her mutter.

"Thanks." I stood up.

They simply nodded at me. It was awkward standing next to my two friends and them having no recollection of the hell we've been through. I felt sad, but couldn't dwell on it. I had to find a way back to my world if I wanted everything to go back to normal.

"You'll have to eventually meet up with him." Zayn mentioned. "He is your husband, now." He sadly stated.

"Yeah, but aren't you two supposed to protect me?" They slowly nodded. "Then, I need your help... questions free." They eyed me with hesitation.

Jade, Zayn, Matt and I had formed a solid friendship when I was shipped to America. They watched over me for years until I was old enough to begin working for the CIA. From then, those three have always had my back. Our bond strengthened into friendship. A friendship that shouldn't be limited to one universe.

When I told them I wanted to escape, they looked at me like I had grown two heads. They immediately tried to shoot the idea down, but I told them I was determined. I couldn't sleep with that dog. They also thought I was having a mental breakdown when I told them of my real life. Zayn nearly passed out when I mentioned being married to Lara while Jade tried to cover my mouth. She fervently stated I couldn't freely just throw around that woman's name.

I cried as I told them about my daughter, Zena, and how much I missed her. I was desperate to get the life back that the witch had stolen from me. Jade suggested I sit down and try to calm down.

It infuriated me how my friends didn't believe me. I know I'm in a different world where we aren't as close, but still! They need to believe me. I have no idea what to say that'll convince them I'm not crazy!

Gianni and Mateo eventually found me. They were warning me that Bruno was becoming agitated. He wanted me and he wanted me now. They melted at the desperate look I gave them. They promised to try stalling him for a little longer, but claimed the inevitable was coming.

I decided to play the part and acquiesce. As I walked towards Bruno, I began formulating a plan on how to escape. He took my hand and led me inside a humble house. He wanted to kiss me, but I held my finger to his lips.

I gave him the most seductive smile and led him to the bedroom. He again tried to kiss me, but I kicked him in the balls and wrapped my arms around his throat. He began thrashing, but I kept my hold. I suffocated him until he passed out. I didn't even bother gently laying him down. I just allowed his body to flop onto the hard floor.

I stepped over his limp body and began searching the place for supplies. I found a bag to stuff supplies inside. I swung the bag over my shoulder and climbed out the window. I jogged into the woods and put as much distance between myself and the camp. I really wonder how Lara is faring in this new world.