( 一 )

***

"Poor girl! I heard her entire family were massacred by curses. They're even related to the main Zenin clan," one said.

"Tsk. All their fortune goes to her. Damn, right!"

"She's only fifteen! Will she handle all of it, though?"

Humans. They're weak. Poised. Selfish. Greedy. Stupid. I don't like them. Despite me being born as a human. I put down a bouquet of flowers on the rough soil; prayed that they may sleep peacefully for once.

Once I stood up, I catch a glimpse of a tall man. He gazed at the graves with an expression I can't interpret. The crowd made me lose sight of the white-haired man. Tsk.

I stepped away from my family's graves, like how the crowd dispersed after the funeral.

Instead of finding a patch of grass at my low view, I find a pair of feet sticking around. My eyes lift upwards and find another white-haired person. She has a small streak of red behind her. At least she's a woman, though.

She wore something like monk's clothes.

"Hello, (Y/N)," she said, her pink-like orbs somehow blank.

"Hello...?"

I tried to walk past her. But an icy pressure stopped me. "I want to talk for you a bit. Can you come with me?"

"Uh, sure?"

We walked past numerous streets, and up to a nearly-empty park. We sat down silently on the benches, watching flocks of birds fly past.

"Is there anything you need?" I ask in bewilderment. It's not like I get to meet and talk with strangers everyday.

"I watched you during the funeral..." she said, lifting her hand over her face to cover from the blinding light.

"Mm, what about it?"

She turns to face me in the eye and continues. "Do you...want to save people like how you should have saved your parents? Because you look like you regretted that you weren't able to save them."

My eyes avert to a nearby river. She's right. She is, actually.

"If only I insisted my parents to train me into a sorcerer," I replied, forming a sad smile.

She also glances at the river, then back at me. "Do you want me to train you?" My ears perk up and turn at her. Is this stranger serious?

"Really?" my eyes glinting in interest.

"I did say so, right?" she finally showed a small hint of a smile.

Finally, a thought crossed my train of thoughts. I slouched, letting go of my instant interest. "Maybe after I settle with things."

"Don't worry. You don't have to rush anyway. Take your time," she stood up and went away. "I'll meet you soon. Farewell, (Y/N)."

"Wait! What's your name again?" I ask the stranger-like-monk when she took a few steps away from me.

She turns and says, "Call me Uraume for now."

And there she disappeared in a blink of an eye.

---

I arranged a few things around my new apartment. It's been a week since I've met the girl, Uraume. She was...strange?

I put on a hoodie and wore leggings. I was planning to go to the supermarket to get a few ingredients. Haa...I can't even remember my own lunch.

Clack!

I blended in the loud crowd. I'm really glad today's a sunny day. Even after the funeral, I just feel so...normal. As if nothing happened.

The doors automatically slid open, as my small presence appeared in front of the supermarket.

My hands gathered a few canned goods and some cups of ramen. After that funeral, I've changed my diet almost drastically.

When I was about to pay for the items, the same white-haired man appeared to be holding a can of soda.

I tried to hide my glances and passed a few bills at the counter.

Then I left without a trace.

---

"Hey! Don't you think that's a little too suspicious?" Detective Kang-Dae said to his assistant beside him.

"Too suspicious, in fact," Assistant Jimin agreed.

I shut the television and went to the sink. Water streamed down into my dirty bowl. Another normal day, I remind myself.

I decide to take a walk around my new neighborhood after I washed the dishes.

Now I'm standing on a dark street. Tokyo's supposed to be a little noisy at this time. But right now, it's unexpectedly silent. And cold.

I watch lovey-dovey couples go about. Does this usually happen in Tokyo? I'm pretty new around here. Not a single knowledge about how to contact Uraume regarding the free training thing.

A thin, tall man sat at a nearby bench and whistled. I see him a lot lately. Yesterday. Then last two days ago.

So I spoke up. "Uh...hey."

The man turns at me and smiles. "Oh. If it isn't the girl from the funeral. What are you doing here?"

"Are you stalking me or anything?"

"Nope." He sounds honest. Then I let it slide.

"What do you know about my family, bamboo stick?" I look at him curiously. "Hey, now you're calling strangers names? That's rude, man."

My expression deadpanned, saying two words. Answer me.

"I'm a friend of your brother's," he replies.

My eyes widened at his short reply and opened my mouth, "You're...!"

***

(A/N): You saw those korean names? im not fan of kdrama nor kpop. i had to do it aight