( 九 )

***

Oh. My. God.

How did this all happen?

Let me explain for ya. After saving Kuroi, the two decided to bring Riko to the beach here in Okinawa. They didn't even tell me! At least they gave me time to get a swimsuit.

It wasn't a two-piece or one-piece if that's what you're thinking. I wore a long-sleeved shirt and some shorts.

"A sea cucumber!" Gojo laughed somewhere in a distance.

"Gross! It's so gross!" Riko yelled, and now was being chased by Gojo and the sea cucumber in his hands.

I sipped my coconut drink and looked at them. "Is it okay to go sightseeing?" Kuroi asks.

"It was Satoru's idea," Geto retorted.

"It's fine as long she's having fun," I replied. "Hey, it's already time!" Geto yells at Gojo and Riko. "Already?" I frowned at Geto.

Riko pouts behind Gojo, so the faithful Gojo gave mercy. "Nah, let's leave tomorrow," he said.

The gloomy Riko beams.

"But...?" Geto mumbles.

I shrug and agree with Gojo, "The weather's doing fine. I think a little more time won't abuse the first-years back at the airport."

Geto sighs and let it all be as it is.

I texted Haibara that we'll give them another few hours until tomorrow. I could still feel Nanami's frustration from here.

---

"Gojo-kun, Geto-kun, I'll stay behind," I told them. "Escort Riko-chan and Kuroi-san in the barrier. Something's gone wrong."

"What is it?" they asked.

"You'll see." I sprinted into the pile of trees. Where the hell are you, you bastard? I stopped for a second and felt a familiar presence from behind.

"Hello, Uncle Toji," I smiled. "The one who killed my family."

Footsteps became audible and stopped. "I didn't know there's another one that could feel my presence. I'm surprised you managed to inherit my sister-in-law's cursed technique."

---

Before Uncle Toji pierced Gojo's back with a cursed tool, I came just in time to prevent it. My hands bled from the sharpness of the weapon. My bruises were still bleeding. Nonetheless, it didn't hurt.

"Oh? I thought I killed you, my little niece," Toji smirked and pulled the weapon back.

"I've...I've had enough of you," I panted.

Gojo held me and backed away, making one of Geto's shikigami attack him. Toji jumps back in defense and lands silently.

"Are you okay?" Gojo asks, trying to support me by holding my shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm going to heal soon, no...no worries," I gasped for air.

"Of course you're not fine!" Gojo says to me. He brought me into a safe place and settled me there.

"I'll try to support you while I heal, 'kay?" I whispered.

When he left, I blacked out.

---

I woke up when a huge explosion occurred. The whole place was now swamped with...insects? I sensed that Uncle Toji stabbed Gojo's...

Shit. A special-grade cursed tool?

I held out my hand and mumbled, "Effect Reversal." My wide vision told me that Gojo was stabbed with the weapon multiple times.

After one minute of Effect Reversal, a diamond-like scar grew on my forehead.

I heard from Uraume that only one person from every thousand years gets to inherit it. My head started to heat up and bleed from the usage of Effect Reversal.

Toji somewhat disappeared, letting Gojo fall into the floor.

No, it's not too late.

I crawled towards him and checked if he was still breathing. The effect of the cursed tool was successfully removed from his body.

"Then I'll use my time trying to heal you," I smiled. Dropping down.

---

"(N/N), get up already. Plus, you're bleeding too much," Gojo rubs my head to wake me up.

I open my eyes with the stinging sunlight.

My eyes moved to see Gojo with no scratches.

"It's ironic that you tried to heal me without healing yourself," Gojo chuckles lightly and then picked me up.

"H-Hey, bring me down!" I said, my face turns red.

"No, don't wanna. Didn't you say you want to kill that oaf? I'll make sure you get to see him. And, I don't think you can still walk."

"...Fair point."

---

We stopped in front of Uncle Toji as he walked with his mind wandering.

"Yo. Long time no see," Gojo smiled while Toji stopped from his footsteps. "Guess we meet soon, Uncle Toji. What ya gonna do? Still having the cold feet?"

His eyes widened at our figures, not having a single idea of what's going on.

"Are you serious?" he mumbles.

"Sure thing, Uncle. I'm doing fine, thank you," I smirked, preparing my hand gestures. "Keep in mind, I've inherited Effect Reversal. I'm the fourth one from the Ichimiya clan who's inherited it!"

(Ichimiya clan = From mom's side, Zenin clan = From dad's side. (Y/N) got transferred to the Zenin clan after the funeral thing)

He scoffed and raised a cursed tool, "We're not done yet. It's only begun."

"Guess so!" Gojo says.

Toji dashes forward, we dodged it. I raised my index finger and Toji was sent flying towards a building.

"We'll do just fine, Gojo-kun," I mumbled.

***