十六

***

"Hey, he's not responding. But, how come he instantly has five points?" I scowled at my phone.

"Who?"

"Fushiguro-san. Probably killed someone. But either way, that's the purpose of the culling game. Hurry up," I said, trudging down the road.

I whistled by the sound of the air.

"You know, some curse users are weirdos. Do you wanna watch?" I asked.

"Are we near? Wow, that took seconds to come here," Itadori said.

"Don't flatter me. It's just my way," I smiled and took him up the building to watch Fushiguro. I narrowed my eyes with the last guy standing.

Reggie Star. Well, for shit's sake, this guy is different from the sorcerers I've met so far. He's another guy I can't read. Reggie has been here for a few weeks or so, but it doesn't seem the type to kill a high schooler for being in his way.

His cursed technique is something I can's manage to look into. Yes, something Object Reproduction looks easy to understand.

But his strategy is somewhat scary to me. I think this is what you call long-lasting trauma?

Then there's Remi. Her appearance alone horrified me. But based on her mental state right now, she won't be able to survive in this culling game.

I looked at my wrist. The red mark that used to pass down in my family to determine how much cursed energy you have.

The red bar has grown a few inches longer, but not enough for me to pull some of my classic moves. Recovering seems to be much harder inside the barrier.

Horrified by the sound of an elephant with splashing noises, I return from my thoughts. I found them on a further end. One of Fushiguro's shikigami scooped him up to the air.

"Do we really have time to follow him? I want to do something else," I scowled.

"Huh? Where are you going, Ichimiya-san?" Itadori's eyes followed me when I stood.

"I need to see something else. Trail behind Fushiguro. Don't help him yet if it's not necessary," I slapped his head.

He rubbed the back of his head and frowned, "Fine."

I smile at him and disappeared.

Minato crouched and lowered her hand on the ground. Then scooped a handful of soil.

' Damn, I lost her. She kept repeating destroy anything then disappeared. Thank god, she didn't destroy me. What could I possibly write in the report? '

That's probably what she's thinking right now.

"Stop looking like a deranged freak, it's scaring me," I tapped her head and frowned.

"UWAAH!" she jumped and instinctively pulled her katana.

"You know it's fine if you can't write a report. Just a note that says there's nothing unusual," I sighed.

"Ahh...scaring me was unnecessary..." she stands up then leans on a tree.

I scratched my head frustratingly, trying to search for words. "Uhh...How should I say this...? Minato, leave right now."

"What?"

"You have another job. Please, please keep tabs with the higher-ups," I placed my hands on her shoulders.

"Why the change of plans? Is something wrong?" Minato pushed my arms away then crossed her arms.

I sighed. "It's fine. Maki is probably doing well as of now. But you, that's right, I'm worried about something."

"What? Senpai is worried for a rat like me?" As if shocked to hear me, she placed her hand on her chest and acted like she was sobbing.

"Fuck you. Just get out of here now. Since I'm a good person, try sending this to the higher-ups unnoticed," I searched my pocket and took out a folded piece of paper.

She nodded, taking the paper along with her as she disappeared.

I had an uncanny feeling of someone watching my back. I turned around to find a shadow behind a tree. From my position, I can tell he was smiling.

"You do enjoy visiting me. Ne, Kenjaku?"

"As expected, of course," he said, chuckling.

***

(A/n): i forgot, im sorry. anyway

tch i just realized gojo's bday was on dec 7. eh mine was on 6 (?!?!?!)

knowing that he was born in 1989, jujutsu kaisen 0 started a year before the present (2016) and the present is by around 2017 is telling me I did the math wrong. MEANING, I'll have to read the whole fanfiction to find where I did the timeline wrong AND I have to CALCULATE how long y/n was overseas T_T (update on this: finally i did it, you'll notice i updated a chapter or two on dec 30/jan 2?)

anyway see you next update :D too bad there's only one chapter