Chapter 26

Important: please read
1. My Tik Tok account has hit 2.5 k followers! 

2. Thank you all so much for 22k read on silent sins!

3. I would just like to make you guys aware that I've really been struggling with my mental health and finding motivation to finish this book. I'm really trying to push through and finish it but I'm really unhappy with my writing at the moment and I'm in dire need to edit this whole manuscript.

4. I know a lot of you have questions about this story, so I will answer the most frequent ones here. If you have any further questions, please let me know, I won't be upset x

Q1 What is Mr Lorenzo protecting Amara from?

We have yet to discover the answer for this (it's part of the plot reveal)

Q2. Why is she not acting bothered by her nightmares

I failed to mentioned that Amara has had nightmares all her life. They are triggered by different things such as the smell of concrete. This time they have been triggered by something else (which we have yet to find out)

Q3. How old is Romero and Amara?

Romero is 25 and Amara is 20

Q4. In the ice cream shop, there was talk of marriage, is Romero being forced to marry Amara?

Romero was talking about a girl who is too naive to see what's around her, and if she doesn't figure out what's going on, she will have to have an arranged marriage to someone she doesn't want. This is a glimpse into future events that are coming up.

Q5. Who is Romero? And why is he tormenting Amara?

Romero is her business lecturer. He's also the Heir of crowned enterprise. Throughout the book, we will slowly uncover Romero and his past, as well as what he means to Amara.

*************************************
I really hope this helped, and please, if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask in the comment sections, I'd be happy to explain.

I'm really sorry for any confusion that has been caused, this is my first time writing suspense and mystery so your feedback is so helpful x

*************************************

My head pounds bitterly.

I shield my eyes against the sun as I round the kitchen for coffee.

The house is lifeless. The emptiness seems to echo around the hollow walls, and to be honest I'm not even sure if anyone's home.

I snag a mug out of the cupboard and grab the kettle. In this moment, I imagine myself as a crazed skeletal bird, wandering around trashed up streets looking for food.

It's exactly how I feel on the inside.

I told Ethan to die last night.

I'm a complete bitch. An insane one at that.

I want to blame it on the alcohol, but even that doesn't lessen the blow of what I've done. He doesn't deserve it. It's crazy that I thought he did.

Camila's name lights up my phone screen.

9:43

Camila: Your lazy ass is probably still sleeping. Text me when you're up. I want to head to the library. Mr Robins is patiently holding my management books for collection.