Chapter 32

Really sorry for the late update guys, I've had a super busy week and today was crazy! I have finally managed to sit down and edit but i'm hoping to pop out another update this week.

Ps: I wasn't able to read it over after I edited it because I'm literally running around hahaha! But I will go back and fix any little edits tomorrow ❤️

***************

My phone buzzes on the table, and it shakes the nightstand. I hop on one leg, crashing against the bed.

TWENTY-ONE MISSED CALLS.

TWENTY are from Camila and one is from Jason. I smile to myself. Camila is probably considering a hundred ways I might have been killed, or a hundred ways she can kill me herself.

Knowing not to test her patience, I dial her first. It's not a surprise when she picks up on the first ring.

"Amara. What the fuck! You were in an accident-" I hold my phone away from my ear and wait until she's done screaming. "How the fuck? Who the fuck was it? It was Mr Lorenzo, wasn't it? Oh my god, I just know it. I will kill that pig. Urgh, those games we played were dangerous Mara. Fuck-"

"Camila."

"I will kill him. Wrap his balls around a pike and swing that mother fucker around."

"Camila. Stop." I hold my mouth shut to stop laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" She exclaims.

I roll my eyes and spend the next few wholesome minutes listening to her scream when I explain everything.

"No fucking way!" She says after a beat of silence. "In his house? Is that even safe? Come stay with me. Bitch, what the hell!"

"I don't want to trouble you, and you need to study. It just wouldn't work out."

"But in his house? He's our lecturer! Where the fuck is that cunt Jason? He should be there, looking after you. What the fuck is going on?"

"I don't know, Camila. He's staying with Matteo. I think something is wrong with Ethan"

"Men are such trash," she grumbles. "Apart from Ethan," she counters.

"You're telling me" I rest my head against the pillow and my stomach growls.

"Are you watching Jurassic park?"

I throw my head back and laugh. "No. I'm just hungry."

"Is that asshole not feeding you? I swear to god I will chop his balls and-"

"Camila."

She sighs. "Fine, but I still hate him. You can convince me otherwise, but it's not happening. I don't like the idea of you two being alone together." I can almost imagine the look of distaste she's sporting as we speak. "It's weird."

"I know."

The line is silent for a moment, and I grow worried. "Camila?"

"Don't be a stranger Mara." She blurts. "This always happens in the movies. The best friend builds a new life and abandons her old."

"I was hit by a car, not accepted into a university across the country."

She scoffs, "I was trying to have a heartfelt conversation."

"And I'm hitting you with the hard truth."

I can practically feel her rolling her eyes through the phone. "I won't forget you. We're in this together, okay?"

She sighs, "Fine."

"I have to go, Jason is calling again."

"Urgh. Fine. You better text me. Fuck, I need to get you pepper spray. That Lorenzo, hairy ass-" I cut the call and laugh.