Chapter 23

💫Celebrating the 3 month anniversary since the release of Silent Sins. 🌟
*********************************

I run my fingers through frills of lingerie. Believe it or not, it becomes less satisfying by the minute. Each piece objectify's woman. The thought might comfort some... the idea of pleasing their partners, I mean.

But I don't have a partner to please. In fact, I've come shopping for another wild scheme. To taunt the man who, once, wanted to destroy me.

I thought about this time and time again. My last and final plan. The mere thought of it makes me anxious. He's my lecturer. But in some ways, he's more than that. A force to be reckoned with. A man on the sidelines, rolling the dice and playing with his victim.

I don't know what kind of world I'm stepping into. I don't even know who I'm becoming. All I know is that something within me is changing. There was only so much time left before I chased the dark side.

And now I'm here. Going against everything I ever believed. I'm buying lingerie to evoke the rogue within Mr Lorenzo.

He started this game, but that does not mean he has the power to end it.

When I took Jasons phone a few nights ago, it wasn't just the warehouse I discovered. There's something more. Something powerful. I wish I knew more about Crowned enterprise because now, some things are not adding up...

Mr Lorenzo can tell me a million times that I don't want to hear the truth, but I can't go on like this or I might just lose my mind.

"Amara?"

Startled, I drop my hand quickly. "Peter?" .

He gives an awkward, white-toothed smile, as if he's trying not to bring light to the fact that I was browsing lingerie.

"Fancy bumping into you."

I scratch the back of my neck awkwardly, "Fancy indeed."

An awkward silence resides between us, and he rocks back on his heels. "how are things?"

I clear my throat. "Good, I guess."

"You sound unsure." He flattens down his buzzed hair and leans back against the wall beside me. Just a few weeks ago I was stunned by how much he had changed, and here I am, knocked senseless once again.

He no longer resembles the boy I used to know. The one with a cheeky smile and messy, untamed hair. Now he's Peter, from the streets. I want to question the diamond earring and the eyebrow hook, but can't I bring myself to do it.

"It's just been a chaotic week." I offer a weak smile. Chaotic doesn't describe it. "How are things with you? I heard love is in paradise again."

He gives a bemused smile, then nods towards the brunette who's browsing through an array of, what I like to call, 'VIP lingerie'. The kind that's too expensive to even touch.

Her silky hair falls forward in waves, and she pulls the disobedient strands behind her ears.

"I wasn't browsing lingerie for myself." He assures me.

I grin. "Right, of course. What else would you be doing in a store like this?"

He rolls his eyes, laugh lines forming at the corner of his lips. "What about you? Love in paradise or have you quit university to take the stripping route."

I wish I could tell him how close to the truth he was.

He freezes. "Sorry, that came out more disrespectful than what it sounded in my head."