Control.

Klaus didn't understand why Ben was ignoring him. It wasn't helping that his emotions felt sporadic as they were; that wasn't exactly how he imagined addressing the mausoleum situation. He hoped he'd never have to utter a word about it, but if he did, he wanted it to be dramatic. He wanted it to be like it was in the movies- with climactic music while he has a mental breakdown, but it wasn't. It was a professedly normal conversation, but for the Hargreeves, that was about as rare as celebrating holidays or eating sweets. 

He was brimming with rage- with anxiety. Klaus wasn't ready to share that information. The narrative only escaped his hollow chest because he was under his sibling's demanding stares; he couldn't not say anything, and he wasn't an amazing improviser. It would've seemed rude. Not that it mattered that much to Klaus, it really didn't, but it meant something to Ben. Ben deserved that much from Klaus. 

Klaus had slept fairly well, it wasn't a good sleep, but it was a long sleep. So, Klaus wasn't complaining. It had been plagued with nightmares, and he woke up covered in sweat with rapid heart palpitations, but Klaus was used to that aspect of his life. It was just a part of him now. 

But Klaus didn't care. He didn't. He just wanted Ben to talk to him. He'd never admit to it later- but at that moment, the moment he woke up, he wanted Ben to be there. To reassure him. To make sure Klaus knew that he wasn't back there. It felt like Klaus had been ripped off, he finally told Ben what happened to him, and Ben leaves him to be alone with his demons- literally.  

Klaus should've expected that. 

After all, a Hargreeves can only last so long in an emotional situation. 

That didn't mean it hurt any less, though. 

Klaus got out of bed, though. The moment his feet hit the floor, he already wished he could climb back under the covers and pretend he didn't exist, but he didn't. He managed to sneak a skirt out of Allison's closet and throw on his black jacket. 

Klaus was in his room when everything went to shit... again. 

Ben walked into the room. Just because he wasn't talking to Klaus, didn't mean he wasn't stalking him. He was just as present as ever, but he refused to utter a word to the medium. Klaus couldn't remember the last time he had felt so angry, so mad before. He almost screamed at the sight of the spiteful ghost, and Klaus never raised his voice. 

"Hello, dear. How are we feeling?" Klaus urged, trying again to break Ben's restricted behavior. To no avail, Ben didn't even politely smile. The ghost sat in front of the door, only slightly hovering above it. It only fueled the seance's rage. 

It felt like someone had punched his gut, but before they would leave him alone, they spit in his face a couple of times and shredded a hole in his chest. And Ben questioned why Klaus never shared his secrets. Lord only knows what the ghost would do if Klaus shared some of his... more corrupt secrets. Little did his family know, the mausoleum isn't the worst thing that has happened to the man. In all honesty, Klaus wouldn't even know how to rate the things he'd been through. He'd rather just avoid his problems entirely. 

Klaus turned around from where he was in the corner of his room. Ben didn't meet his eyes, and Klaus was still boiling with rage, but he felt an odd sense of wonder. Klaus desired to know why.

Klaus didn't like confrontation, and in all honesty, if he just held out, he'd lose interest pretty fast anyway. So, he ignored the raging pit in his chest and carried himself over to his bed. He couldn't help but look at some of the old writings on his walls, things ghosts had said, and it didn't make sense to him why they said some of those things, but they were starting to unravel in the junkie's face.